Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

It's damn cold in the UK!

It's damn cold in the UK!

Old Dec 20th 2010, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's damn cold in the UK!

Just had to travel to a hospital appointment. At 8-50 when I went out to de-ice the car I started the engine. The dashboard temperature told me it was minus 11 Got motoring and it first went up to minus 14 before dropping back to minus 11.

I'm home again and that temperture never moved off minus 11 all the way back, thank god the central heating is on so I can thaw out
Old Dec 20th 2010, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

expat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: It's damn cold in the UK!

Yeh, minus 9 showing on the car this morning here in MK
Old Dec 20th 2010, 11:01 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Just had to travel to a hospital appointment. At 8-50 when I went out to de-ice the car I started the engine. The dashboard temperature told me it was minus 11 Got motoring and it first went up to minus 14 before dropping back to minus 11.

I'm home again and that temperture never moved off minus 11 all the way back, thank god the central heating is on so I can thaw out
It sounds as though the balls have been frozen off your brass beadstad.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

It's positively warm this morning, a quite balmy -5, went out in Tshirt to bring in the bins after they were emptied. Even Karen wants to venture out to the garden centre for coffee and breakfast
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee

Could well be the coldest day of the winter here in Scotland but this morning I thought my gas central heating had broken down. I had an extra hour in bed then got up and ventured out to the workshop, where the boiler lives. I noticed the system pressure was low on the combi pressure gauge so I went to connect the filling loop but that was frozen I got the hot air gun and thawed the filling loop valve and re-pressurised the system but still no heat / hot water. I then started playing the hot air gun on othere unlagged bits of pipe when I heard a knock on the front door.
It was the gas board, telling me they have water / ice in the gas pipes They have pumped out the water and the heating is on again.......for now.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 9:19 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Could well be the coldest day of the winter here in Scotland but this morning I thought my gas central heating had broken down. I had an extra hour in bed then got up and ventured out to the workshop, where the boiler lives. I noticed the system pressure was low on the combi pressure gauge so I went to connect the filling loop but that was frozen I got the hot air gun and thawed the filling loop valve and re-pressurised the system but still no heat / hot water. I then started playing the hot air gun on othere unlagged bits of pipe when I heard a knock on the front door.
It was the gas board, telling me they have water / ice in the gas pipes They have pumped out the water and the heating is on again.......for now.
Now now, the UK has the perfect temperate climate, haven't you heard?

Hope to god you get the heating working ok.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 1:41 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Now now, the UK has the perfect temperate climate, haven't you heard?

Hope to god you get the heating working ok.
Most of mainland Spain probably has a less than perfect temperate climate than the UK with extremes at both ends of the temperature spectrum not unusual.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:27 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Most of mainland Spain probably has a less than perfect temperate climate than the UK with extremes at both ends of the temperature spectrum not unusual.
Now now Dick, play nicely. Smiley thing at end him indicate leg pull!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 12:33 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Now now Dick, play nicely. Smiley thing at end him indicate leg pull!
Many a true word.......
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 9:08 am
bil
Banned

and of course, I don't actually remember ever saying that Spain has a perfect climate, tho of course if I'm wrong do point it out, eh?

For me a perfect climate wouldn't rain during the day or ever drop so low that I needed heating....
Old Dec 28th 2010, 4:27 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Not too bad here today ... 5 degrees this morning haven't needed the central heating on today
Old Dec 28th 2010, 4:34 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Lionda
Not too bad here today ... 5 degrees this morning haven't needed the central heating on today
Last night I think it dropped to 9C.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 5:05 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Last night I think it dropped to 9C.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 5:07 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Yes very mild here too. Drawback is the sun's gone on strike again, possibly for a few days. Very gloomy and misty. The type of atmosphere that film-makers love to film Jack the Ripper scenes...
Old Dec 28th 2010, 5:10 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Yes very mild here too. Drawback is the sun's gone on strike again, possibly for a few days. Very gloomy and misty. The type of atmosphere that film-makers love to film Jack the Ripper scenes...
Aahhhh ... but relaxing in front of a log fire (with a bottle ) who cares about the cold and the mist. Last day of hols, back to work tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.