Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

It's damn cold in the UK!

It's damn cold in the UK!

Old Dec 28th 2010, 5:15 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's damn cold in the UK!

Originally Posted by Lionda
Aahhhh ... but relaxing in front of a log fire (with a bottle ) who cares about the cold and the mist. Last day of hols, back to work tomorrow
Well our flat is very warm, so no need for a log fire (probably be illegal too in central London !!!). We went out for a walk to see what was in the sales -but this was Marylebone High Street, so we were soon scared off by the prices.. Sad to hear you're back at work tomorrow. I'm back next week, which doesn't suit me as I don't get holiday pay being a contractor. Still, tapping away on the computer doesn't cost much, so I think I'll survive
Old Dec 28th 2010, 5:38 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Well our flat is very warm, so no need for a log fire (probably be illegal too in central London !!!). We went out for a walk to see what was in the sales -but this was Marylebone High Street, so we were soon scared off by the prices.. Sad to hear you're back at work tomorrow. I'm back next week, which doesn't suit me as I don't get holiday pay being a contractor. Still, tapping away on the computer doesn't cost much, so I think I'll survive
Enjoy what's left of your hols
Old Dec 29th 2010, 7:42 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Work? Ah yes, I remember that.....

We were in the UK for nearly six months but managed to arrive back in Spain the middle of November, just before all the snow and ice and freezing temperatures started in the UK.

Our son, who lives in our UK house, usually goes to work on his cycle or walks along the towpath, but he is having to go on the bus as the roads are too bad for cycles/feet. He doesn't drive.

This is in the West Midlands where I believe the snow/ice has not been too bad, so I dread to think what it is like in other parts! (Although I think the coldest temeperature was recorded not far away from us in Pershore).