Reload this Page >

ITP tax and disabled

ITP tax and disabled

Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

jimjan will become famous soon enoughjimjan will become famous soon enough
Default ITP tax and disabled

Hello again to everyone.

Since joining in Nov 2006 when my parents asked me post about the Jalon valley I have been visiting the site regularly and reporting back all the interesting stuff. I'm not a great one for posting but feel that I know a lot of you after reading pretty much all of the threads since I joined, and anyway, most of the questions we've had to now have been covered in one post or the other. But just to clarify, postings now will be from jimjans daughter

Anyway - a quick update. We had a quick look around the Jalon valley, but taking the advice of the forum members, spent a couple of months in Javea. We are renting villas in different urbanisations at various times this year to get more of a feel, but think that Javea is 'the place' as mom and dad felt comfortable there instantly.

We are now planning to buy re-sale (after nearly coming unstuck with an offplan development), and I'm doing the research at the minute (hence the reason for spending most of my waking hours at the computer - no big deal given the weather here at the minute!).

I came across this Re:Transfer Tax (ITP)and wondered if anyone could enlighten me

"Note that most regions provide a reduction in ITP for first-time resident buyers, large families or the disabled"

I'm thinking that this applies to ex-pats given I found it in the buying guide of a recent Spanish Homes magazines, but get nothing when I google it.

Whoops - sorry about the length of this post - will try and control myself in future