Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone know Balanegra near Almeria?

Anyone know Balanegra near Almeria?

Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Linken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really nice
Default Anyone know Balanegra near Almeria?

My husband and I are in the final stages of completing on our house and moving permanently to Spain in mid-March. We are considering moving to Balanegra. Does anyone know this village? What does it have to offer? Is it still very Spanish and unspoilt? Thanks
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know Balanegra near Almeria?

I don't personally know the place. But if you put Balanegra into google and search.......................
It comes up with this. Results 1 - 10 of about 86,700 for Balanegra.
Most of which look to be sites posted in English by agents selling property there.

So in answer to your question, "Spanish and unspoilt" I would probably guess no on both counts.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

and do check on the other thread about demolitions of houses built in Almeria and bought in good faith. Seems as though Almeria may be in for some ruthless actions.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

As much as it pains me to say it I wouldn't, now, even consider the remote possibility of purchasing a property in this country unless you can afford to lose all of your money.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 12:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I went there 4 or 5 years ago looking for land and they were selling everything in sight really cheap, now I know why, glad we didn`t buy any.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 3:10 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

I have never been to Balanegra village, (is there one?) but we take our car to Balanegra ITV station. (I assume you mean Balanegra between Adra and El Ejido?)

It is surrounded on all sides by invernerados (plastic greenhouses). You can see nothing else and you can't tell where the greenhouses end and the sea begins.

IMHO it is an absolutely dreadful bit of coastline and there is no way I would ever wish to buy property there, or even visit.

The village may be very nice, I wouldn't know, but if you want to spend all your time getting lost 'in the plastic', then this is the place for you.

Sorry to be so negative, but you did ask.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

adding to Scampicats reply, I totally agree, we also use the ITV station clsoe by, cannot really call it a village though it is quite large. Had a coffee there to say we have been and wont bother again.

Are you buying without seeing the place? That was how I have read your post.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Linken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really nice

Hi PWWM. No, we are not buying there. We have an agent who has a 4 bedroom house available there for a long term rental.

We are really keen on living in Adra. We intend to rent for the first year and have found a couple of apartments for long let, but would really prefer a house. That's not set in stone though. We may just have to compromise and to live in Adra may mean that we have to rent an apartment until a house comes up for rental.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
As much as it pains me to say it I wouldn't, now, even consider the remote possibility of purchasing a property in this country unless you can afford to lose all of your money.
Do you have this problem?
Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linken1647
My husband and I are in the final stages of completing on our house and moving permanently to Spain in mid-March. We are considering moving to Balanegra. Does anyone know this village? What does it have to offer? Is it still very Spanish and unspoilt? Thanks
Spain is not far of England if we have to make this comparison with Australia for example, so before living in a place you should see this place and to say about this place, and to avoid possible disappointments
Old Jan 14th 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
Do you have this problem?
No, but who I know people who have?