isla canala

Old Dec 29th 2010, 8:13 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: isla canala

Originally Posted by germany
thanks for all the information folks can i ask the following questions .
1. resturants in the area
2. food shopping
3. activities for kids age 5
1: La Rana, Casa Vicente, La Cabra II, The Andalusian, Restaurante Minutero, Casa Manolo, Chiringuito III, Cayeulitas, La Lola, Marco´s, La Cocina de Vicente, El Rancho, Juan Macias, Barberi, Saarlodris.

2: Mercadona, Supersol, Supermercados Carera, El Jamon

3: Beach, Cycling, Aquopolis (Cartaya), Zoomarine (Guia, Portugal), Ayamonte Zoo, Cycling, Ayamonte swimming pool, Flor de Canela, Ferry to Portugal.

Your hotel (Playamarina?) will have a kids program as well.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

germany is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you so much , would we need a car when we are there, to get shopping etc,
are we away from life or will it be busy , we usually go to almeria , but we cant get direct flights from dublin any more
Old Dec 29th 2010, 8:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
1: La Rana, Casa Vicente, La Cabra II, The Andalusian, Restaurante Minutero, Casa Manolo, Chiringuito III, Cayeulitas, La Lola, Marco´s, La Cocina de Vicente, El Rancho, Juan Macias, Barberi, Saarlodris.

2: Mercadona, Supersol, Supermercados Carera, El Jamon

3: Beach, Cycling, Aquopolis (Cartaya), Zoomarine (Guia, Portugal), Ayamonte Zoo, Cycling, Ayamonte swimming pool, Flor de Canela, Ferry to Portugal.

Your hotel (Playamarina?) will have a kids program as well.
You only mentioned cycling twice.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 8:36 pm
Jur

thank you so much , would we need a car when we are there, to get shopping etc,
are we away from life or will it be busy , we usually go to almeria , but we cant get direct flights from dublin any more
A car would be very useful, in July & August it´s very busy down here!
Old Dec 29th 2010, 8:37 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by jdr
You only mentioned cycling twice.
SSHUSsHHHH! !
Old Dec 29th 2010, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jur
17 degrees today, rain predicted for tomorrow........
Is the area lively during winter or do most places shut down?
Old Dec 29th 2010, 10:28 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
Is the area lively during winter or do most places shut down?
Hmmm, good one. Most places who cater for the foreigners close for a 2 month period. I wouldn´t call it lively at the moment but there´s a constant, albeit Spanish buzz.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: isla canala

Originally Posted by Jur
Hmmm, good one. Most places who cater for the foreigners close for a 2 month period. I wouldn´t call it lively at the moment but there´s a constant, albeit Spanish buzz.
Temps are OK compared to UK but it can be wet and windy. Before our house was finished we stayed on Canela each December or January from 2003 to 2008. We stayed at the Barcelo or the RIU the food was fabulous best at the RIU but I hear that since the refurb the quality has declined.

We always split the island into two parts Punta Moral and the Marina at one end and what we call Canela Beach at the other. Of course the beach is continuous and about 10km from the breakwater round into the Guardiana Estuary. To be honest Canela in winter is an aquired taste those hotels that stay open are Sagas Vill and the the 10s of thousands of apartments are empty. The walking is fantastic or hire a bike.

You really need to be mobile and able to take in the town of Ayamonte as well as Canela. If you have a car then the opportunities are great within an hour you can get to Sevilla or Villa Moura or Rio Tinto.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:27 am
Just Joined

germany is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for your replys , as i said we will be a family of 3 2 adults and 1 child age 5 , we are looking at using up our points withe the playa hotels and want to stay on the island so just wondering if we would need the car every day for shopping for food and resturants , or only for some of the week
Old Dec 30th 2010, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

thank you for your replys , as i said we will be a family of 3 2 adults and 1 child age 5 , we are looking at using up our points withe the playa hotels and want to stay on the island so just wondering if we would need the car every day for shopping for food and resturants , or only for some of the week
Hi
The bus service from Isla Canela is excellent.
They pick up from the hotels & Punta De Moral on a regular basis.
I think they all go to Ayamonte & there go to Seville .Huelva & I'm sure plenty of other places.
In fact if you go to Seville the bus is a good option.
My parents who are in their 80's use our apartment every year they don't drive & get out & about with no problem.
If you wan't to go to Portugal by public transport take the bus to Ayamonte & then take the ferry which9 I think departs every 1/2 hour .
There is a Eurocar hire office in Canela Marina it may have closed but I can confirm if it is still open in the next couple of days (we fly out in the morning)
There are several mini markets in walking distance they are connivent but pricey they have all the basics.If you stay in a hotel they may be adequate.
You are better of having a decent shop & Mercadona or one of the others
During the Summer season their are plenty of bars & restaurants within a couple of Km's walking distance
Taxis are now quite easy to get & the fee to Ayamonte is only about 8 euros

Regards
Chris