Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

An Interesting Character

An Interesting Character

Old Oct 25th 2013, 10:45 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default An Interesting Character

Is this the luckiest man in Spain, won the lottery seven times in the last decade, nine times in all ?

http://www.thelocal.es/20131025/the-...nted-the-rules

Though wait a minute...........

"He sounds like a winner.

Fabra certainly is. The politician never seen without shades — he was left one-eyed after a childhood accident involving a pair of scissors — claims to have won the lottery seven times in the past decade, bagging him a grand total of €2.2 million in winnings.

But this has lead to accusations of financial fraud.

How does that work?

Some expert sources say buying winning lottery tickets is a great way of laundering money that cannot be accounted for.

By offering the original winner a larger amount in exchange for the ticket, the supposed money launderer can then account for his winnings.

A very crafty system. But has Fabra been found guilty?

A total of eight judges have investigated Fabra's financial dealings but they all pulled out when it came to reaching a verdict.

Spain’s anti-corruption lobby hasn't managed to locate his lottery winnings anywhere."

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Oct 25th 2013 at 10:51 pm. Reason: add on
Old Oct 26th 2013, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An Interesting Character

No form of corruption surprises me with regard to Spain. One slight query I have is: How do they know/find out who has won?
Old Oct 26th 2013, 9:39 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Roca's family the main one in the Marbella corruption case said the same for their large cash deposits.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 10:16 am
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of my time in Ireland. The finance minister, and later the Prime minister, Bertie Ahern, was pulled up in court over his own finances.
First off, and quite unbelievably, he didn´t have a bank account.
Furthermore, when asked about a sizeable sum of money associated with him, he claimed to have won it on the horses in the UK!
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-26451631.html
Old Oct 26th 2013, 10:41 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is in the UK as far as the Inland Revenue is concerned, you are usually considered guilty unless you can prove your innocence beyond reasonable doubt.

In contrast I get the impression here that any old cock and bull story will do unless they are prepared to go to the trouble of proving otherwise.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 7:00 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Is this the luckiest man in Spain, won the lottery seven times in the last decade, nine times in all ?

http://www.thelocal.es/20131025/the-...nted-the-rules

Though wait a minute...........

"He sounds like a winner.

Fabra certainly is. The politician never seen without shades — he was left one-eyed after a childhood accident involving a pair of scissors — claims to have won the lottery seven times in the past decade, bagging him a grand total of €2.2 million in winnings.

But this has lead to accusations of financial fraud.

How does that work?

Some expert sources say buying winning lottery tickets is a great way of laundering money that cannot be accounted for.

By offering the original winner a larger amount in exchange for the ticket, the supposed money launderer can then account for his winnings.

A very crafty system. But has Fabra been found guilty?

A total of eight judges have investigated Fabra's financial dealings but they all pulled out when it came to reaching a verdict.

Spain’s anti-corruption lobby hasn't managed to locate his lottery winnings anywhere."
I think he is just lucky.

I once won the 3 top prizes in a raffle, a big tin of M&S luxury chocolates, a funny shaped tin of ham, and a loofah.

The other ticket holders said it was a fix..........it wasn´t.