Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Insurance for Property in the UK

Insurance for Property in the UK

Old Oct 5th 2011, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Insurance for Property in the UK

Originally Posted by Domino
thanks will do that.
RIAS did say they also did landlord cover - but when transferred to that dept they refused to cover as owner lives outside the UK.
GGGGRRRRHHHH ! ! !
It's the same with car insurance if you live abroad, I don't think that any company will insure a car left in the UK for more than 90 days. A well known broker spent quite a lot of time trying to find one for me, without success!!!!!
So be very careful

John.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by adra04778
I just use it for the bulidings cover, in case of a fire, I have never bothered until last year, but when I saw that the tenants had taken out the wires to fire alarm and had put 60 watt bulbs in the cooker hood, I deciided I would get it, worth the peace of mind for 80 pounds a year.
Are you sure that the company know you live abroad? Otherwise you could wind up with nothing!

John.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

ademcc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by searcher48
I use http://www.simplelandlordsinsurance.com/ different options re contents, non payment by tennant, legal fees, 24 hr emergency callout etc. Have never made a claim so dont know how good that is!
***BE AWARE*** - I just got my renewal from these guys and they specifically said they could not cover me anymore due to being outside of the UK.