Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Info on Martos.

Info on Martos.

Old Apr 8th 2012, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

pickle04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on Martos.

Hello, hope someone can provide me with some information about Martos. I have been researching areas in the Jean province with hopes on eventually purchasing a property out there. I understand that most of the areas are predominately Spanish which is what I was looking for, however when speaking to an estate agent in Spain, he stated that in Martos there has been a large influx of North Africans and Eastern Europeans due to the cheap property prices. Can anyone provide any info please as I want to live as already mentioned in a predominately Spanish area.

Many Thanks.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 7:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info on Martos.

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 9th 2012, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

The town is famous for its olive oil.- It was founded (I read in Wiki) in 3100BC and there are around 25000 inhabitants. It has a castle, city walls, Roman bridge and a cathedral.
Martos has some history as a place with gypsy problems. Around 100 of their houses were burnt by the local folk in 1986.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:07 pm
Retired and loving it.

Bedwells is an unknown quantity at this point

Following on from this, is there a FAcebook page for folk living in and around Martos. Where we live at the moment we have 'Items for Sale' 'Preguntas y Mas' etc and wondered as its a good way of meeting people new to the area.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pickle04
Hello, hope someone can provide me with some information about Martos. I have been researching areas in the Jean province with hopes on eventually purchasing a property out there. I understand that most of the areas are predominately Spanish which is what I was looking for, however when speaking to an estate agent in Spain, he stated that in Martos there has been a large influx of North Africans and Eastern Europeans due to the cheap property prices. Can anyone provide any info please as I want to live as already mentioned in a predominately Spanish area.

Many Thanks.
hi pickle04 im new to the forum and have just purchased a property in martos ,the property i brought was very cheap and if you need any further info on agents you are welcome to email me ,ive only brought it as a bolt hole at the moment but plan to go to spain in 5 or 6 yrs ,it is very spanish but they are very friendly ,