Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Inexpensive rental accomodation in Gibraltar? Any advice?

Inexpensive rental accomodation in Gibraltar? Any advice?

Old Jul 5th 2011, 7:35 am
Banned

kexicus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Inexpensive rental accomodation in Gibraltar? Any advice?

Originally Posted by lynnxa
check the rules.............
Have you got nothing better to do?
Old Jul 5th 2011, 7:43 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kexicus
Have you got nothing better to do?
Like I pointed out earlier. The rules against advertising are to stop the forum becoming boring and full of uninteresting adverts - there is a classified section for that kinda stuff. Its worrying that people dont bother reading or adhering to them. Its not difficult

Jo
Old Jul 5th 2011, 7:48 am
Banned

kexicus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Like I pointed out earlier. The rules against advertising are to stop the forum becoming boring and full of uninteresting adverts - there is a classified section for that kinda stuff. Its worrying that people dont bother reading or adhering to them. Its not difficult

Jo
She posted looking for a flat in Ocean Heights....I have a flat in Ocean Heights!......Dont know what the problem is!...or perhaps you should have deleted her thread, so's not to provoke any responses!....The second post is full of adverts!....I never read any rules, as I was pointed in this direction by a third party!.....This forum is full of sad people!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

how dare you be relevant mate...don't you have a long list of good for nothing estate agents you can post ? Or perhaps you too can sit here all day and advise everyone who passes to get their NIE in Spain without a second thought to the implications....like it's good advice to be legal and within the Spanish system.

Strange isn't it that the only reply sunshinekitty3 seemed to be interested in was yours and mine and that the original question had been around 5 days with the submitted replies being less use than a bunch of Google listings for the term "gibraltar estate agent"...good one! I bet kitty never imagined she could rent property through an estate agent...this new fangled world since I left the UK...how does anyone cope in it ?

And kitty, you need any help contacting Kexicus let me know.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 2:48 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kexicus
She posted looking for a flat in Ocean Heights....I have a flat in Ocean Heights!......Dont know what the problem is!...or perhaps you should have deleted her thread, so's not to provoke any responses!....The second post is full of adverts!....I never read any rules, as I was pointed in this direction by a third party!.....This forum is full of sad people!
The OP asked for advice
Can anyone give me some advice about accomodation in Gibraltar?
and
Does anyone know if there are any rentals available?
She didn't ask if anyone on the forum had a property to rent out.

Yes this forum is for British expats to help each other out by sharing experiences and information. But as lynnxa and jojojojojo tried to point out to you there is a time and and place for everything, and solely joining a forum to push a rental isn't the correct forum etiquette. You will find that forums all over the internet frown on such behaviour.

If you have a moment take some time to read the blog link in my signature

Thanks kindly.

(Apologies to the OP for taking this off-topic)
Old Jul 5th 2011, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

sunshinekitty3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I just say that I'm sorry that my post has caused such a negative response. I was grateful for all the advise. I don't want to offend anyone but kexicus was actually contacting me because another expat member asked him to.
My original post did say:
'Does anyone know if there are any rentals available? Perhaps ones which I would not be able to find online. Word of mouth or freinds with places available?'

This was just the kind of thing I was asking for. A friend of kexicus knew he had an available property and suggested he contact me.
I'm sorry if people were offended, it was not my intention to break the rules. But he wasn't just cold calling advertising. It was word of mouth as I mentioned in my post.
I hope that we can all calm down and get along now.
Thanks to everyone for all you help and advice.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 4:44 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshinekitty3
Can I just say that I'm sorry that my post has caused such a negative response. I was grateful for all the advise. I don't want to offend anyone but kexicus was actually contacting me because another expat member asked him to.
My original post did say:
'Does anyone know if there are any rentals available? Perhaps ones which I would not be able to find online. Word of mouth or freinds with places available?'

This was just the kind of thing I was asking for. A friend of kexicus knew he had an available property and suggested he contact me.
I'm sorry if people were offended, it was not my intention to break the rules. But he wasn't just cold calling advertising. It was word of mouth as I mentioned in my post.
I hope that we can all calm down and get along now.
Thanks to everyone for all you help and advice.
You never can tell!!! Just make sure that you get a contract and that you know what you're getting and who from.

Jo xxx
Old Jul 5th 2011, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

You never can tell!!! Just make sure that you get a contract and that you know what you're getting and who from.

Jo xxx
yeah you never can tell...she's hardly likely to instantly trust the guy anyway, not only is he a Rangers fan but a copper too!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 7:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EllisG
yeah you never can tell...she's hardly likely to instantly trust the guy anyway, not only is he a Rangers fan but a copper too!
Maybe good fun getting her deposit back when she moves on then.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
Maybe good fun getting her deposit back when she moves on then.
I sincerely hope your not casting dispersion on Scottish people..I will not have my position usurped! (especially the ones who buy Dysons)
Old Jul 5th 2011, 9:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EllisG
I sincerely hope your not casting dispersion on Scottish people..I will not have my position usurped! (especially the ones who buy Dysons)
My father was from Glasgow and my mother from Battersea, so no dispersion on normal folk.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

sunshinekitty3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jo xxx
Thanks Jo. I'll be careful.