Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Indoor floor tiles / chiclana - yes, yawn, I know, but urgent...

Indoor floor tiles / chiclana - yes, yawn, I know, but urgent...

Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

KnockCollins will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Indoor floor tiles / chiclana - yes, yawn, I know, but urgent...

Originally Posted by crispygirl
You will find the floor tiles outside in the yard, we bought some nifty ones there, large brown mottley type looked great once they were laid. Watch the time as I think they may close for siesta
good thinking, will give it an hour or two.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Not what....who. He is in CSI I just love the man
Trust you anything in trousers, I though he made a typo and could only afford grey tiles, didn`t know it was a geezer. LOL
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:04 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by KnockCollins
good thinking, will give it an hour or two.

Good idea, have a kip....where in Chiclana are you based?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

stone/terracota/earthernware type tiles - or so i'm told by the builder anyway....
The word is rustico, similar to the way they lay them, lol.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:11 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Hey as the saying goes, "great minds" and all that.

How's life over your way? Quiet a graveyard here, just how I like it.

Christine
Very quiet here as well, not for much longer though as all the houses that surround us are spanish holiday homes so I am sure they will all be turning up soon for their summer holidays.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:14 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

and whilst i have seemingly the fountains of all chiclana knowledge, you wouldn't know of a decent removal company to do a couple of cadiz - chiclana runs in a couple of week's time?
There is a guy called Dave Fisher who I believe does small removals, I can find his number for you if you think that may suit.
I also know that someone got some packing cases from a removal company that is close to the new English butcher on the Marquesado Rd. Dont know anymore about them though.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by YMF
There is a guy called Dave Fisher who I believe does small removals, I can find his number for you if you think that may suit.
I also know that someone got some packing cases from a removal company that is close to the new English butcher on the Marquesado Rd. Dont know anymore about them though.

Packing cases, I remember that from someone on mycadiz.biz, thread is titled Packing Cases well I think it is anyway.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

he is a she but you weren't to know (i'll pop a photo on to avoid any further confusion...) and, true, it is normally men that ask such dull questions re floor tiles..... rustico would of course be the much more technical term.

Where based? Funnily enough we will be based just down the road from Vipren - one of the streets 1/2 km before on your right - but I always thought they were just cement and stuff and our builder seems to prefer avila (no doubt down to discounts etc...) but it's just a case of who can come up trumps to avoid any more delay getting in - to be fair the builder's only a week over schedule at the mo....
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by YMF
yes please, that would be great.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

oh and currently based in cadiz town...
Old Jul 4th 2007, 4:03 pm

oh and currently based in cadiz town...

One thing OH and I have learnt in our 4 years of living here in Chiclana and dealing with builders, no matter if Spanish, English, German or who ever. You be responsible for ordering and buy the materials, get quotes for just having the work done by them........makes life so much more liveable........
Old Jul 4th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

One thing OH and I have learnt in our 4 years of living here in Chiclana and dealing with builders, no matter if Spanish, English, German or who ever. You be responsible for ordering and buy the materials, get quotes for just having the work done by them........makes life so much more liveable........
We used a builder from Arcos he sourced all of the materials from there as building supplies are much cheap than in Chiclana. We had no problems at all.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by jo-ann
We used a builder from Arcos he sourced all of the materials from there as building supplies are much cheap than in Chiclana. We had no problems at all.

Hey Jo-ann, thanks for that info something to remember..
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:33 am
YMF
Forum Regular

yes please, that would be great.
I have sent you a PM with a contact number who may be able to help with removals
Yvonne
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:51 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

stone/terracota/earthernware type tiles - or so i'm told by the builder anyway....
brico depot from 4.80 up wards lots to chose from jerez

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.