Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Indoor floor tiles / chiclana - yes, yawn, I know, but urgent...

Indoor floor tiles / chiclana - yes, yawn, I know, but urgent...

Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

KnockCollins will become famous soon enough
Default Indoor floor tiles / chiclana - yes, yawn, I know, but urgent...

having selected, after much deliberation, floor tiles for our nearly finished house in chiclana about, ooh, 6 weeks ago now, our lovely builder has just advised us that we he 'can't get them' (i.e. he forgot to order them and there's a three week lead time and they need to be laid next week....) so.....

any chiclana-ites out there that know of anywhere that can provide good tiles in quick turnaround, i.e. by Monday (9th July) and also if anyone is particularly chuffed with their tiles could they let us know where they got them from? Budget is low....around 15euros per sq metre, so looking at gres or suchlike.....

muchly appreciated.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:38 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Indoor floor tiles / chiclana - yes, yawn, I know, but urgent...

Originally Posted by KnockCollins
having selected, after much deliberation, floor tiles for our nearly finished house in chiclana about, ooh, 6 weeks ago now, our lovely builder has just advised us that we he 'can't get them' (i.e. he forgot to order them and there's a three week lead time and they need to be laid next week....) so.....

any chiclana-ites out there that know of anywhere that can provide good tiles in quick turnaround, i.e. by Monday (9th July) and also if anyone is particularly chuffed with their tiles could they let us know where they got them from? Budget is low....around 15euros per sq metre, so looking at gres or suchlike.....

muchly appreciated.

Welcome to "Chiclana" you can try Vipren, Milan or Avilla (up by the smelly hotel) not sure if that one is spelt correct. Also as you drive into San Fernando on the left hand side as you go by Leeroy Merlin you will find plenty of tile shops they look a little bit like ware houses I'm sure they would be able to help.

If you are still talking to your builder he will know where these places are, Vipren nearly always have good stocks we collected own own tiles from them at the same time as going to order them. Good luck,
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:40 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Welcome to "Chiclana" you can try Vipren, Milan or Avilla (up by the smelly hotel) not sure if that one is spelt correct. Also as you drive into San Fernando on the left hand side as you go by Leeroy Merlin you will find plenty of tile shops they look a little bit like ware houses I'm sure they would be able to help.

If you are still talking to your builder he will know where these places are, Vipren nearly always have good stocks we collected own own tiles from them at the same time as going to order them. Good luck,
For 15€`s you should get fairly decent tiles other then grey. lol
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:43 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

The largest supplier is Vipren, it is the place where most of the builders yards get all their supplies from. They have good stock levels and a huge range.

Also Avilla, the showroom and supply depot is just by the Fuentemar Hotel.

On the industrial estate near Polanco is another merchant called Milan, this also has large stocks of tiles

There are also some good cheap tile places in San Fernando, on the same estate as the new Leroy Merlin (which of course also sells tiles)

Good Luck

Yvonne
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:45 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Snap! Seems like we both posted at the same time and said the same things, spooky!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

ta - yep still talking to him as can't risk him walking off without getting the tiles sorted. thanks for your thoughts, avila were the ones that needed three weeks so will give vipren a go.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

gres not gris....
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by YMF
Snap! Seems like we both posted at the same time and said the same things, spooky!
thanks ymf also, seems like vipren will be my first stop then, fingers crossed i'll get me some nice 'grey' tiles in a jiffy!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by YMF

Hey as the saying goes, "great minds" and all that.

How's life over your way? Quiet a graveyard here, just how I like it.

Christine
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

and whilst i have seemingly the fountains of all chiclana knowledge, you wouldn't know of a decent removal company to do a couple of cadiz - chiclana runs in a couple of week's time?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:55 pm

thanks ymf also, seems like vipren will be my first stop then, fingers crossed i'll get me some nice 'grey' tiles in a jiffy!

You will find the floor tiles outside in the yard, we bought some nifty ones there, large brown mottley type looked great once they were laid. Watch the time as I think they may close for siesta
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

gres not gris....
What is gres ?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:58 pm

and whilst i have seemingly the fountains of all chiclana knowledge, you wouldn't know of a decent removal company to do a couple of cadiz - chiclana runs in a couple of week's time?

Now you really are pushing it!! Sorry I no can help but if you go to mycadiz.biz you may find something on that web site in the adverts.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
What is gres ?
Not what....who. He is in CSI I just love the man
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
What is gres ?
stone/terracota/earthernware type tiles - or so i'm told by the builder anyway....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.