Reload this Page >

importacion tax

importacion tax

Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

sandie1614 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default importacion tax

hi, hopefully someone can help.
i have moved from gran canaria bringing an 8yr old spanish matricula plated car.
i have owned the car for the 8yrs, but because it is matriculated in gran canaria i need to pay importation on it here.
can somebody plz tell me how much i have to pay, where and how to pay.
this is driving me mad as cannot get a straight answer.
thanks in advance. sandie
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: importacion tax

Originally Posted by sandie1614
hi, hopefully someone can help.
i have moved from gran canaria bringing an 8yr old spanish matricula plated car.
i have owned the car for the 8yrs, but because it is matriculated in gran canaria i need to pay importation on it here.
can somebody plz tell me how much i have to pay, where and how to pay.
this is driving me mad as cannot get a straight answer.
thanks in advance. sandie
Well unless I'm missing something here, why would you need to pay tax on it? If I have an English car and import it into Spain then I just pay the administration charge to import it. There is no duty or tax to pay on it as long as you have owned the car for more than 6 months, which of course you have.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 10:20 am
Just Joined

sandie1614 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: importacion tax

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well unless I'm missing something here, why would you need to pay tax on it? If I have an English car and import it into Spain then I just pay the administration charge to import it. There is no duty or tax to pay on it as long as you have owned the car for more than 6 months, which of course you have.
hi , the problem is that tax in spain (MAINLAND) is 16% in g.c its 6% so to stop folk in the mainland going to g.c buying a car alot cheaper then bringing it back to here you have to pay import tax.
thats why i have to pay import tax, untill i have payed it i cant sell the car.
sandie