Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Immigration into Spain, attempt no 2

Immigration into Spain, attempt no 2

Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:16 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration into Spain, attempt no 2

Originally Posted by THR
However, one would imagine that it is not very difficult for the Romanians to learn the language as Spanish and Romanian are related languages but it is a completely different matter with other eastern-Europeans.

Have you seen the BBC-documentary about Romanian gypsy-thieves operating in Spain and in Italy? I don't think the BBC has any right-wing bias of being anti-immigration.

The documenatry showed how there are palace-like houses in Romania mainly financed by Romanians begging and stealing in Western-Europe.

I'll find the link if you want.
Yep please.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Just a thought you English are lousy spellers. Why is that?
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR
However, one would imagine that it is not very difficult for the Romanians to learn the language as Spanish and Romanian are related languages but it is a completely different matter with other eastern-Europeans.

Have you seen the BBC-documentary about Romanian gypsy-thieves operating in Spain and in Italy? I don't think the BBC has any right-wing bias of being anti-immigration.

The documenatry showed how there are palace-like houses in Romania mainly financed by Romanians begging and stealing in Western-Europe.

Re the Romanians, yes there are. And there are also Russian, Bulgarian, Irish, Italian and British ciminal gangs working in Spain. When Franco died there was zero organised criminality in Spain (because him and his cronies were the criminals ) so the immigrant gangs came in to fill a gap in the market

Seriously, yes I've heard rumblings of discontent from Spaniards about immigration, but its never been presented as a big problem in the media. Although maybe I read and watch the wrong media. I tend to go for the left wing ones. Maybe the right wing papers are as xenophobic as the Daily Mail
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:22 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

All this discussion about the Spanish and racism, is a bit futile, we are no more or less racist than other countries, which are going through the same problems that Spain is going through right now.

When jobs are short in it natural to blame the incomers, justifed or not., racism is more visible.

The same applies to the UK and Spain, there are folks who dont want to work, but when an incomer takes a job that they dont even want, things tend to blow up.

Immigrants who are not competing in the job market with the locals, are usually treated "better" or do not stir up such resentment amonst the locals.

But human nature is human nature, be is Spanish British or whatever.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:22 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair
I am assuming you are Scottish then... if so, them in glass houses love.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:24 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Consider yourselves told off lads,

Improve or Elspeth will give you lines................
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell he ain`t left an Ñ out again has he ?
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:28 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point

This is not what I was looking for, I'll find the real thing later on but this is foretaste:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8226580.stm
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
Bloody hell he ain`t left an Ñ out again has he ?
Its bin awfy fine hivin a wee jar wi youse the day. Am awa tae ma bed noo.cheerio
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:31 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by THR
This is not what I was looking for, I'll find the real thing later on but this is foretaste:

But you understand why many Roma resort to this lifestyle right?
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by THR;8505541[COLOR="Red"
]However, one would imagine that it is not very difficult for the Romanians to learn the language as Spanish and Romanian are related languages[/COLOR][ but it is a completely different matter with other eastern-Europeans.

Before looking on a Romanian site I would have disagreed with that statment, but I am really surprised that I seem to be able to get the gist of text written in Rumanian, surprise, surprise. wow
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Its bin awfy fine hivin a wee jar wi youse the day. Am awa tae ma bed noo.cheerio
Mee pa was fram Cambuslang an me ma from Battersea.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Some poor immigrant I expect! I charge 10 euros an hour for private classes one to one but I wouldn't clean for that. The Spanish charge 15 euros for classes but then 13 of that goes to their cleaners I suppose.
Not at all Elspeth. She is Spanish and Jerezana born and bred.

The cheapest I have seen is 5€/hora and 10€/hora is the most expensive I've seen.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by THR

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
But you understand why many Roma resort to this lifestyle right?
This type of article is why racial tension escalates, other races are not unwelcomed usually because of their race, it is because of the behaviour of the "immigrants" that the problem arises.

If the Andorrans were known as the most prominent theives and pickpockets and people trafficers, folks would turn against them.

It is not just a question of race, behaviour or perceived behaviour comes into the equation.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:50 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by JLFS
This type of article is why racial tension escalates, other races are not unwelcomed usually because of their race, it is because of the behaviour of the "immigrants" that the problem arises.

If the Andorrans were known as the most prominent theives and pickpockets and people trafficers, folks would turn against them.

It is not just a question of race, behaviour or perceived behaviour comes into the equation.
The Roma are not the same as the "Romanians" They are a distinct genetic group and are widespread through Europe.... and their treatment is always the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.