Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

im new to this and would like some good advise pls x

im new to this and would like some good advise pls x

Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: im new to this and would like some good advise pls x

Originally Posted by hollydolly
Hi everyone have been reading many of your posts and have found them very interesting.....and would like some advise myself.

Me and my partner and our 4 yr old are moving to torrevieja in feb next year. After reading some posts im getting quite concerned with regards to work. I am currently working in a achool for hampshire and have previously worked the last few years as a travel agent with completing a nvq in travel and lesuire. Im hoping to work maybe for the airports as say check in staff or in a school.

My partner is a qualified painter and decorator i understand from the posts that there is huge amount of builders there and that its not really doing to well and was wondering if that included painters to.

I guess im worried that if me and my partner do move we will be working all hours and having to put my daughter in child care/school and am trying to way up whether we would have a better quality of life there then where we are now, and finding jobs is going to be a big problem.

We are also soon going to be learning spanish. Any info would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Being realistic your unlikley to find work straight off unless your fluent in Spanish,the costas are full of skint ex pats looking for work, unless you have vast savings I`d recommend you come for a month or two holiday/recce and dont give up your house in the UK,sounds a bit negative but it would not be so stressfull.

Rgds

Rotor