Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

im moving to fuengirola any helpful info would be appreciated

im moving to fuengirola any helpful info would be appreciated

Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:24 am
Just Joined

dannyboy21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default im moving to fuengirola any helpful info would be appreciated

hi everyone im coming to fuengirola in fbruary to see my dad who works out there as a doorman, i'm gonna book a 1 way ticket and bring all my clothes and a 1000 pound and am hoping to find some where to stay and somewhere to work also. my dad has said he will help me with work but i dont want to rely on him and dont really know where to start after i get there if anyone has any suggestions as where i can find a place to rent, what i have to do legally wise and anything useful to me it would be much appreciated thanks for reading danny
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:16 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: im moving to fuengirola any helpful info would be appreciated

Originally Posted by dannyboy21
hi everyone im coming to fuengirola in fbruary to see my dad who works out there as a doorman, i'm gonna book a 1 way ticket and bring all my clothes and a 1000 pound and am hoping to find some where to stay and somewhere to work also. my dad has said he will help me with work but i dont want to rely on him and dont really know where to start after i get there if anyone has any suggestions as where i can find a place to rent, what i have to do legally wise and anything useful to me it would be much appreciated thanks for reading danny
Danny, I totally admire your adventurous action in coming here like that. However you WILL need your Dads help, cos £1000 aint going to last you very long at all and you will need to find work pretty quickly, which is hopefully where he can help you.
Good luck ... just make sure you keep money in reserve to get back to the UK if needs be.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:19 am
Just Joined

dannyboy21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: im moving to fuengirola any helpful info would be appreciated

yea i understand what your saying mate but i was thinking coming back here is pointless as i have nothing back here i would be coming back to know where to stay and no job also finding work in the uk at the moment is rediculous due to the amount of poles and other nationalities coming in to england so if im gonna be in the same position in england i'd rather grin and bear it here first see what i can do, as work is concerned im sure if i tried hard enough i would be able to find work in a bar somewhere im not so worried about this part im more so worried about being able to find somewhere cheap enough to rent for myself on the no doubt poor wage ill be on
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:47 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

yea i understand what your saying mate but i was thinking coming back here is pointless as i have nothing back here i would be coming back to know where to stay and no job also finding work in the uk at the moment is rediculous due to the amount of poles and other nationalities coming in to england so if im gonna be in the same position in england i'd rather grin and bear it here first see what i can do, as work is concerned im sure if i tried hard enough i would be able to find work in a bar somewhere im not so worried about this part im more so worried about being able to find somewhere cheap enough to rent for myself on the no doubt poor wage ill be on
Have a look HERE and HERE it will give you an idea on the rents, but at the mo you might be able to knock them down a bit.
You should be able to get a studio, sort of bedsit with kit and bathroom in Benalmadena for about 400€`s a month.
They may try and con you for more than one weeks deposit and also a finders fee, tell them no way as it`s illegal, anyway there are loads of rentals at the mo and you will go somewhere else.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Using your reference to other nationalities flooding the jobs market in the UK, bear in mind they probably speak pretty good English. Unless you speak more than adequate Spanish, you're going to be in a worse position over here, where the jobs market is equally grim at the moment.