Banks and cars

Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

soultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nice
Cool Banks and cars

During the coming year i will be spending most of my time in spain(Andalucia) with the occasional u.k visit.
I then plan to but a home in spain and leave the u.k as a grey,wet and cold bad memory.

Can i open a spanish bank account and purchase a car on spanish plates before i make the full move- about easter time?
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banks and cars

Originally Posted by soultrader
During the coming year i will be spending most of my time in spain(Andalucia) with the occasional u.k visit.
I then plan to but a home in spain and leave the u.k as a grey,wet and cold bad memory.

Can i open a spanish bank account and purchase a car on spanish plates before i make the full move- about easter time?
You can open a non resident account from the UK.
To buy a car you will need to apply for an NIE number and have a Spanish address.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:08 am
Just Joined

soultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nicesoultrader is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
You can open a non resident account from the UK.
To buy a car you will need to apply for an NIE number and have a Spanish address.
Thankyou for the reply. Can i obtain an NIE even if i am not a 'permanant resident'?
R XX
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:10 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for the reply. Can i obtain an NIE even if i am not a 'permanant resident'?
R XX
yes
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:18 am
Just Joined

lynnxa,

My longing is for the sun. The ancestors were right. Worship the sun. I am a different person without the five layers of clothing i am currently wearing.When i feel the sun on my skin i become optimistic,enthusiastic and creative,unlike the miserable wreck of humanity currently just about surviving.

R X
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:20 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

R XX
As lynnxa says, yes your rental address will be ok.
You can download the form from the Free Beer thread at the top of the page and print it out.
Just basic questions to be filled in and taken to the local National police station, you may need to make an appointment now though and there is a small charge. (it used to be free;-))
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:23 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

lynnxa,

My longing is for the sun. The ancestors were right. Worship the sun. I am a different person without the five layers of clothing i am currently wearing.When i feel the sun on my skin i become optimistic,enthusiastic and creative,unlike the miserable wreck of humanity currently just about surviving.

R X
It was only 11c when I got up this morning, but the sun is out now. ;-))
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:24 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

lynnxa,

R X
we're in about 3 layers of clothing here

it's 10 degrees at the moment with a forecast high of 13 - it was 8 degrees when I got up

wind is gusting up to 33mph

the heating is on indoors

the sun is shining though
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:34 am
Just Joined

There has been four days of about 1 degree and snow. Above 10 degrees i can function but since i have also now finished most of my employment i need the motivation for my own work (sound design)and my brain and body have frozen.Perhaps its just a preoccupation with leaving after christmas....
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

There has been four days of about 1 degree and snow. Above 10 degrees i can function but since i have also now finished most of my employment i need the motivation for my own work (sound design)and my brain and body have frozen.Perhaps its just a preoccupation with leaving after christmas....
Depending on where you decide to settle, the thing to remember is that though it won't guarantee you meteorological perfection year-round, the percentage likelihood of sun on any given day in the 365 is yayfactors higher than in UK. It was 5deg here this morning, but nonetheless gorgeous, cloudless, bright sunshine & smiley kind of weather
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:11 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by fionamw
Depending on where you decide to settle, the thing to remember is that though it won't guarantee you meteorological perfection year-round, the percentage likelihood of sun on any given day in the 365 is yayfactors higher than in UK. It was 5deg here this morning, but nonetheless gorgeous, cloudless, bright sunshine & smiley kind of weather
another poster here, who lives about an hour north of me had snow yesterday I think

and we see snow on the mountains near here every winter

we've even had snow in our coastal town a couple of times since we've lived here - not enough for a snowman though

it is one of the great fallacies that coastal spain is warm & sunny all year round

it can be warm & wet, cold & sunny, and cold & very very wet.............
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:53 am
Just Joined

I love the sea but i am a city person so my final choice for buying(late in 2009) will probably be seville,malaga or grenada. Seville seems to seldom drop below 10. I'd appreciate comments about these cities.

There are many factors i need to consider but the first part of the year is intensive spanish(only'get by' at the moment) and exploring Andalucia.

I'd also appreciate any comments on the subject of what I should expect to be paying for about a 6 month rental from April. Probably a 2 bed city suburb but i'm open to suggestions. Actually a house/flat share would be ok.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I love the sea but i am a city person so my final choice for buying(late in 2009) will probably be seville,malaga or grenada. Seville seems to seldom drop below 10. I'd appreciate comments about these cities.

There are many factors i need to consider but the first part of the year is intensive spanish(only'get by' at the moment) and exploring Andalucia.

I'd also appreciate any comments on the subject of what I should expect to be paying for about a 6 month rental from April. Probably a 2 bed city suburb but i'm open to suggestions. Actually a house/flat share would be ok.
If you love the sea, cities & are looking for warmth, could do worse than Malaga. We're only half an hour inland but it can be 10 degrees warmer in winter (and varies as to whether cooler or warmer in summer). Saturday was 12-15 here, 20-23 in Malaga. (by my car thermometer!) Loads of infrastructure development at the moment which may of course grind to a halt given present circumstances, but when it picks up Malaga will have vastly improved road network.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

I think Malaga is a really attractive city. Spent about a month there last year and felt it had so many posititive attributes. It's also fairly central to the region so i can easily get to granada (collaborator lives there) and seville ,a fabulous prom and beach plus an interesting and vibrant heart. It's a serious contender but anything could happen next year.....
Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:39 pm
given up

squelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nice

can i add that i bought a spanish registered car last december and im still waiting for my ownership papers i bought it from a dealer and have had nothing but problems since, am now back in uk but cant sell it without papers and need money from it, help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.