I'm Back!!!

Old Jan 12th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm Back!!!

Hi peeps

I have returned! It was a totally exhausting time, but we did it. NIE numbers are sorted, we viewed over 25 properties in 3 days, but we have found our new home! We made an offer yesterday before we flew home, and had it accepted.

We have found a beautiful property in the mountains just outside of Cocentaina ( the area we first fell in love with just about a year ago). It has 40,000 square metres of land on which there are olive and fruit trees. The local co-operative deal with the harvesting for the existing owner, and it gives a small financial income each year. The house is BEAUTIFUL and has a small casita for Terry's mum to live in. I have taken pictures, and once I get a spare minute or two, I will post a couple for you all to see! Pool, terracing, ADSL broadband too!

We were on such a high as we flew back yesterday. Then, as I was driving back to Cornwall, Terry got a phone call from the hospital about his mum. Whilst we have been away, she had another CAT scan. The results are terrible. Basically, they have told us she has terminal cancer, and that she might last 18 months to 2 years. We were flooored by that, as you can imagine...she has seemed to have recovered so well from all the surgey etc.

After a lot of soul searching, we have decided NOT to tell her the diagnosis. She is due to fly out this comng Friday before we sail off a week tomorrow. She is SO excited about it all, has seen the pictures I took, it seems criminal to dampen her positive attitude. As and when she need to know we will tell her.

Anyway, we have got some rented accommodation sorted until the sale goes through. We have decided to try our hardest to remain upbeat about all this and try to make mum's move to Spain a very happy one...for as long as we can.

Will upload some piccys later!
Sally
Old Jan 12th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of
Default Re: I'm Back!!!

Great news on the house sally, sounds fab. Sorry to hear news about mil. look forward to seeing the pics, linda
Old Jan 12th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, here are 3 of them. The first is of the pool area, second is the views of Cocentaina from the terrace, and third the front of the property
Attached Thumbnails I'm Back!!!-img_0127.jpg   I'm Back!!!-img_0125.jpg   I'm Back!!!-img_0130.jpg  
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cornish maid
Ok, here are 3 of them. The first is of the pool area, second is the views of Cocentaina from the terrace, and third the front of the property
The house looks very attractive and the view is stunning. Lucky you.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cornish maid
Such a mixed thread, the house looks wonderful with the pool, and views, but you must be devastated buy the news about MIL, still it will be a wonderful place for her to enjoy her time left, and she will be with family.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Such a mixed thread, the house looks wonderful with the pool, and views, but you must be devastated buy the news about MIL, still it will be a wonderful place for her to enjoy her time left, and she will be with family.

I agree Mike, it was a bit mixed, but that is exactly how we are feeling about life at the moment. Emotional rollercoaster doesn't come anywhere near it. Of course we are excited and pleased to have found such a lovely new home, but the other issue with MIL has totally overtaken any euphoria we were feeling.

We will get there, but just at the moment we are trying to come to terms with what we all have to face.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:47 am
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Good news about the house it looks great.

Sorry to here about the family though, I now how you feel, I lost my father in August last year.

The comfort I gain was from knowing the situation beforehand, which allowed us to ensure the time left was full of quality and happy memories that will last a long long time.

I`m sure that the new house, quality air, beautiful scenery, good weather and fresh food will help.

Treat everyday as if it were a gift.

Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:03 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sally,good to have you back well you certainly packed a lot in the few days in Spain,your villa looks gorgeous with fantastic views and its got broadband brilliant ,it means hopefully you won't be off-line for very long,I'm looking forward to the rest of the pictures.

I'm so very sorry to hear the news about your MIL,as Lee8 says treat every-day has a gift ,its not been an easy few months for you to say the least and I wish you and your family some peace and tranquility in your new home
Old Jan 13th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sally, don't really know what to say to make things better but know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 1:08 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi Sally

I read you post late last night/early morning and had such mixed feelings that I could not reply to it. Just want to say well done to you and Terry on finding your dream home, it looks fantastic and I am sure it will bring you all much happiness.

The news about MIL was tragic but I know you and Terry will make this move for her the best thing that she has ever done and she will benefit from the sun, view, peace and quite. Love to you allxxxx
Old Jan 13th 2008, 1:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sally

Lovely to hear that you have found a wonderful house and that it has ticked all of your boxes including somewhere for MIL. So sorry that you had bad news on your return and totally understand why you are not telling her at this moment in time. I suspect that if you told her now she would say that she would not move to Spain and then regret it. She has been so excited about the move so it is obviously a positive move for her and she will need positives to keep her spirits up. The relaxed way of life, the warmth and the blue skies will no doubt be helpful and will make her illness more bearable.

Bearing in mind that when she leaves the UK she may not want to travel back and forth are there any places that she may want to visit before the move?

All you can do is to make sure that you all enjoy your time in Spain together and try to fulfil any experiences that she wishes to have even if they appear to be quite bizarre.

Gook Luck with your move.

Rosemary
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:29 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I'm Back!!!

Hi Sally, missed you! So nice to hear you are back, and after such a successful trip! So sorry to hear the news about MIL and agree you have made the right decision in not telling her at the moment. It would be cruel to taint the time she has remaining and agree that every day is a gift to be enjoyed. I am sure you and Terry will make her happy and content in what is also her new adventure too!
God bless, and good luck with the villa which looks absolutely beautiful! Thanks also for your good wishes on EA thread.
Chris XXX
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sally,

Great to hear the good news, it sounds wonderful. Tempered by the bad news obviously. Live every day! xx
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future

good luck with your move villa looks lovely best wishes for the time ahead. we moved over nearly three weeks ago so i know how you feel.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

The pics look fab Sally, good luck with everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.