Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

Old Dec 9th 2008, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Temploni is just really niceTemploni is just really niceTemploni is just really niceTemploni is just really niceTemploni is just really niceTemploni is just really niceTemploni is just really niceTemploni is just really nice
Default Re: If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

Originally Posted by big wheels
Quoted from the link.

He said: "It's ludicrous that people on the Costa del Sol are getting Winter Fuel payments.

'These benefits are meant to help hard-up pensioners in Britain get through the winter,

Hear Hear

Putting my head on the block here,but.........

If people are so desperate about whether they get an extra £200-£300 per year. It begs the question as to whether they could afford to move to another country in the first place.
You certainly are putting your head on the block.Where's the axe?
Firstly as others have said in this forum,we all have paid in to the system and should all be entitled to the same benefits.If for some reason like yourself you do not require it then you can always decline the payment and leave the monies in the pot for someone else.
Secondly who are you to decide who can move to another country or not if they are not so well off as yourself.How arrogant and selfish.
Thirdly,I live in Greece and the winters are cold and damp so you need heating(yes the winters are short)but then we have the added cost of airconditioning during the summer months.I'm not complaining about the weather here or I would not live here,but just highlighting some of the costs that would be spent on heating and aircondioning,and you say that we are not entitled to allowance.
It appears that the saying "I'm alright Jack" springs to mind.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Hear Hear, couldnt agree more I wish I could have put it as eloquently.
Im not desperate for the allowance but it is accepted gratefully
After working all my life in UK horrendous hours my husband and I will be able to relax and enjoy our retirement
Warm in the winter
Cool in the summer
Well earned I reckon
Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

Originally Posted by Temploni
You certainly are putting your head on the block.Where's the axe?
Firstly as others have said in this forum,we all have paid in to the system and should all be entitled to the same benefits.If for some reason like yourself you do not require it then you can always decline the payment and leave the monies in the pot for someone else.
Secondly who are you to decide who can move to another country or not if they are not so well off as yourself.How arrogant and selfish.
Thirdly,I live in Greece and the winters are cold and damp so you need heating(yes the winters are short)but then we have the added cost of airconditioning during the summer months.I'm not complaining about the weather here or I would not live here,but just highlighting some of the costs that would be spent on heating and aircondioning,and you say that we are not entitled to allowance.
It appears that the saying "I'm alright Jack" springs to mind.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Temploni
Thirdly,then we have the added cost of airconditioning during the summer months. .
LOL
I'm sure that statement would go down well with someone struggling in the UK.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 5:02 am
Just Joined

Temploni is just really niceTemploni is just really niceTemploni is just really niceTemploni is just really niceTemploni is just really niceTemploni is just really niceTemploni is just really niceTemploni is just really nice

LOL
I'm sure that statement would go down well with someone struggling in the UK.
Can you elaborate what you mean by your quote?

I am struggling to stay in Greece.I do not receive any handouts from the government,no reduction for any costs or subsidies that are available in the UK.I still have to do part time work to supplement my living expenses.
I want to stay here because the quality of life is better and if it means i have to do without some things here, I will do that than return to the UK.
It's my choice.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:54 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

Quoted from the link.

He said: "It's ludicrous that people on the Costa del Sol are getting Winter Fuel payments.

'These benefits are meant to help hard-up pensioners in Britain get through the winter,

Hear Hear

Putting my head on the block here,but.........

If people are so desperate about whether they get an extra £200-£300 per year. It begs the question as to whether they could afford to move to another country in the first place.
the fuel allowence is for all pensioners they are entitled to have them in spain . my parents work bloody hard all there life .november through to end of feb gets very cold . wood is not cheap every little helps .