Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

Old Dec 6th 2008, 12:21 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

I knew things were bad in the UK, but could not belive my eyes when I saw this recent photo of the Queen.
Many are losing out with the exchange rate etc......... but to see our Monarch huddled over her gas fire.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ayers-10m.html
Old Dec 6th 2008, 2:47 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

Originally Posted by me me
I knew things were bad in the UK, but could not belive my eyes when I saw this recent photo of the Queen.
Many are losing out with the exchange rate etc......... but to see our Monarch huddled over her gas fire.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ayers-10m.html
It certainly does look like her Don't agree with the article about stopping the winter fuel payment for expat pensioners
Old Dec 6th 2008, 3:51 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
It certainly does look like her Don't agree with the article about stopping the winter fuel payment for expat pensioners
I dont agree with it either, but it is only talk at the moment. Another thing on the "to do" list.
I think Prince Phillip might have been preparing the hot water bottles, it is a long cold winter for pensioners. Sad to see the Queen having to choose between "heat or eat".

Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

I really think that many of us have paid large amounts over the years into the British coffers via tax and insurance stamps and are entitled to this money
How Dare anyone suggest that it should be scrapped:curse:
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
I really think that many of us have paid large amounts over the years into the British coffers via tax and insurance stamps and are entitled to this money
How Dare anyone suggest that it should be scrapped:curse:
"Go on you tell em"
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Dont get me going I do feel so cross when the ones who have supported the country for many years paid high tax bills.
While the B scroungers who have taken and not contributed get all the monetry help to live comfortably and we are penilised because we have worked hard to ahieve a home in Espana
To even consider taking this off us hard woking retirees:curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Dont get me going I do feel so cross when the ones who have supported the country for many years paid high tax bills.
While the B scroungers who have taken and not contributed get all the monetry help to live comfortably and we are penilised because we have worked hard to ahieve a home in Espana
To even consider taking this off us hard woking retirees:curse::curse::curse::curse:
Do you need a winter fuel allowance in a warm country? I wish I got one too.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all

Originally Posted by encodeme
Do you need a winter fuel allowance in a warm country? I wish I got one too.
Warm country? I know this has been said before but there are not many parts of Spain that are warm in time of year. In fact, many parts of Spain are colder. Added to that, you have many houses that are not adequately ( and in some places not at all) insulated to cope with the change in temperatures.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes its not always warm in Spain sometimes it can be chilly
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

S
Injustice to oldies if they do this are we going to picket Downing street:lol
or take over Cardiff airport in protest All crinklies rebel
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

Hear Hear
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

S
Injustice to oldies if they do this are we going to picket Downing street:lol
or take over Cardiff airport in protest All crinklies rebel
Will Gordon notice? He's a tad busy at the moment resolving the cockups of the previous Chancellor. (Oh was that him?)
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

On a more serious note ,yes I do think things are getting tighter
My pension now is much reduced by the exchange rate

Plus there must be a difference when paying utility bills when transfering cash to Spain.
People with mortgages must find it hard now.

Food more expensive now all because of the exchange rate of the UK pound

In UK & Spain I feel sorry for them.

With young families as all employment everywhere now is not safe .
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

On a more serious note ,yes I do think things are getting tighter
My pension now is much reduced by the exchange rate

Plus there must be a difference when paying utility bills when transfering cash to Spain.
People with mortgages must find it hard now.

Food more expensive now all because of the exchange rate of the UK pound

In UK & Spain I feel sorry for them.

With young families as all employment everywhere now is not safe .
I would be suprised however if the pound sinks further against the Euro (fingers crossed). I suspect it may start to firm up as the other countries declare their problems and consequently balance the equation.At least in the USA Obhama is making some encouraging noises too
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

NOOOOOO Granny with expolosives on her back ,left over from Guy Fawlks.
At gate 2
Who would care?????? No Gordy to busy your right
A waste of time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.