Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of
Default Re: If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

Yes hopefully your right , U S are making the right noises lets hope the banks hear them as well
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
NOOOOOO Granny with expolosives on her back ,left over from Guy Fawlks.
At gate 2
Who would care?????? No Gordy to busy your right
A waste of time
At least he is there to clean up some of his own mess.
Under his stewardship of the economy there won't be any more boom and busts.
Also turkeys won't be eaten at christmas
I bet laughing boy is pleased he is no longer Prime Minister.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:52 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by me me
I dont agree with it either, but it is only talk at the moment. Another thing on the "to do" list.
I think Prince Phillip might have been preparing the hot water bottles, it is a long cold winter for pensioners. Sad to see the Queen having to choose between "heat or eat".

The only thing Phillip warms up is his old chap.....He has been at it for years....I say..No hottie for me old girl bring me a nice 18 year old filly to warm the sheets what what
Old Dec 6th 2008, 6:47 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
The only thing Phillip warms up is his old chap.....He has been at it for years....I say..No hottie for me old girl bring me a nice 18 year old filly to warm the sheets what what
Not exactly known for his fidelity to her Maj.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 6:59 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

On a more serious note ,yes I do think things are getting tighter
My pension now is much reduced by the exchange rate

Plus there must be a difference when paying utility bills when transfering cash to Spain.
People with mortgages must find it hard now.

Food more expensive now all because of the exchange rate of the UK pound

In UK & Spain I feel sorry for them.

With young families as all employment everywhere now is not safe .

Perhaps this should be a separate thread but WHY do people leave their pension in UK and then complain about exchange rates? Why not transfer the pension here in one go and then never have to worry about exchange rates again?
Old Dec 6th 2008, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by encodeme
Do you need a winter fuel allowance in a warm country? I wish I got one too.
Yes, people do get them.... (and arguably might need them given the temperatures hereabouts some of the time during the winter period)
Old Dec 6th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Some of us havnt moved completely, as yet so pensions would still be in UK. I suppose it would make sence if living there permanently. It used to be advantageous to leave it in UK when Pound was strong
Old Dec 6th 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Some of us havnt moved completely, as yet so pensions would still be in UK. I suppose it would make sence if living there permanently. It used to be advantageous to leave it in UK when Pound was strong
Pound not strong.
May I ask? --When Is the move classed as `complete?` I know some split between countries within the seasons but I refer to those who say `I live in Spain.` Some on here have been in Spain almost 5 years and more. The exchange rate that we enjoyed as tourists and expats as pensioneres is no longer, worryingly. I only ask for future reference if necessary. I`m still in UK and unfortunately retirement for me is way off.

Just an edit - I assume it was because of the exchange rate. I didn`t know that you could transfer your pension over to be honest, but that is because we hadn`t looked into it as a move is a long way fro imminent.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Quoted from the link.

He said: "It's ludicrous that people on the Costa del Sol are getting Winter Fuel payments.

'These benefits are meant to help hard-up pensioners in Britain get through the winter,

Hear Hear

Putting my head on the block here,but.........

If people are so desperate about whether they get an extra £200-£300 per year. It begs the question as to whether they could afford to move to another country in the first place.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Pound not strong.
May I ask? --When Is the move classed as `complete?` I know some split between countries within the seasons but I refer to those who say `I live in Spain.` Some on here have been in Spain almost 5 years and more. The exchange rate that we enjoyed as tourists and expats as pensioneres is no longer, worryingly. I only ask for future reference if necessary. I`m still in UK and unfortunately retirement for me is way off.

Just an edit - I assume it was because of the exchange rate. I didn`t know that you could transfer your pension over to be honest, but that is because we hadn`t looked into it as a move is a long way fro imminent.

If you are in receipt of a government pension it will always remain in the UK and can not be transfered. People with private pensions can move them where they like.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 5:52 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in receipt of a government pension it will always remain in the UK and can not be transfered. People with private pensions can move them where they like.
As far as I know it is possible to have them paid into a Spanish bank if you wanted to.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:02 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but my point was that with private pensions, they can be transferred as a whole under the 'QROPS' scheme.

I know some pensions can't be moved (teachers, government etc.) but the rest can and I think this should be considered in the current climate.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: If you think your circumstances have changed with the crisis....

I used to believethat too. However I have since found that there are at least two countries Australia and Cyprus where you can export a Government pension untaxed and then take advantage of the overseas tax regime.

This is particularly advantageous for Cypus resident pensioners where you can choose a flat 5% tax rate. Ok the fund has not moved because it is not funded but the effect is the same save for the exchange rate problems.

</IMG>
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by jdr
As far as I know it is possible to have them paid into a Spanish bank if you wanted to.

You can have them paid into your Spanish account but you cannot move them to Spain lock stock and barrel having left the UK for 5 years for tax purposes under the 'QROPS' scheme. It is a shame because I am sure I read somewhere that Government pensions in Spain are tax free but I probably half read the thing as usual. I did read last night on the Australian forum that plod could move their pension.We are only dealing with Spain/UK here until rugbymatt arrives

Last edited by poshnbucks; Dec 7th 2008 at 11:29 am.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:37 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

10 million a year eh?

Hmm.....

Well, it ain't a bad idea is it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.