Reload this Page >

IATA approved cat crates

IATA approved cat crates

Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

pampasgrass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IATA approved cat crates

Can anyone help please.

I am trying to find somewhere in Spain, Malaga area, where I can buy crates suitable to transport cats on a plane. Evidently there are strict rules about size and locks etc.

I have found loads online in the UK etc. but surely there must be an outlet somewhere in Spain.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:48 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IATA approved cat crates

We wanted to purchase a cat flap, could not find them any where. BUT our vet has a big catalogue* under his reception desk...so maybe your vet has the same book? If so he will be able to order you almost anything in the pet world!

*it included cat flaps thankfully.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Cortes Ingles has a pretty well stocked pet shop, I seem to recall seeing crates there. But, first check with the airline as to their specific requirements. IATA approved is a very broad term. A crate might be IATA approved, but not the right one for your cat. For example, most airlines specify that the animal should be able to stand up in the crate and the length of the carrier should be about 1.5 times that of the animal. Also, the airline itself might sell you the crate. So, first step talk to the airline. From Lufthanas for example:

http://www.lufthansa-cargo.com/GB/co...5,44979&bhcp=1
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
We wanted to purchase a cat flap, could not find them any where. BUT our vet has a big catalogue* under his reception desk...so maybe your vet has the same book? If so he will be able to order you almost anything in the pet world!

*it included cat flaps thankfully.
Thanks, I think our Vet does have a similar catalogue, as friends were looking for a kennel, but it was quite expensive!!
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
Cortes Ingles has a pretty well stocked pet shop, I seem to recall seeing crates there. But, first check with the airline as to their specific requirements. IATA approved is a very broad term. A crate might be IATA approved, but not the right one for your cat. For example, most airlines specify that the animal should be able to stand up in the crate and the length of the carrier should be about 1.5 times that of the animal. Also, the airline itself might sell you the crate. So, first step talk to the airline. From Lufthanas for example:

http://www.lufthansa-cargo.com/GB/co...5,44979&bhcp=1
Thanks, yes I hadn't thought of Cortes Ingles. Will give it a go.

As far as the crates are concerned I have been to the relevant airline and DEFRA sites and it seems the crates recommended are called VARI crates and can be found when Googled on lots of sites, mostly UK but also USA. Just wondered if there was anyhere in Spain to buy them.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 8:51 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Cortes Ingles?

Your rich then!
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Cortes Ingles?

Your rich then!
No, but I might go and have a look.

I have been there a few times, but never bought anything!!
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Cortes Ingles?

Your rich then!
You may be surprised at the bargains they have plus the service
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 11:01 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Cortes Ingles?

Your rich then!
If you are a shrewd old git like me you can get some bargains, pukka JVC micro system for half price.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
If you are a shrewd old git like me you can get some bargains, pukka JVC micro system for half price.

The trouble for us is the nearest one is about an hours drive each way...too far for a just in case...
The last time we was there we saw a camera we liked, but it was over 200€ more than anywhere else, hence my comment about being rich.
We like to use a good local supplier for bargains, plus they give us a bill for the company as most electrical goods we have to purchase are for the company.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 12:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

The trouble for us is the nearest one is about an hours drive each way...too far for a just in case...
The last time we was there we saw a camera we liked, but it was over 200€ more than anywhere else, hence my comment about being rich.
We like to use a good local supplier for bargains, plus they give us a bill for the company as most electrical goods we have to purchase are for the company.
It`s a bit like Debenhams with their Blue Cross sale days, i only bought from there in sales.