Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I want to come back

I want to come back

Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:17 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to come back

I know one english lad who makes a living running a minicab plus odd jobs. He does speak a bit of spanish but all his work is from ex pats. No idea whether he is legal, but I have my doubts.

I hope it works out for you and yours, whatever you decide.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynda32
Hi thankyou and yes i would most definelty consider living outside of Benidorm area. When I lived there before I helped my husband with his internet business as there was enough work going round for the both of us. I would consider any work even it was just enough to pay the food bills
I don't know, but I would imagine like everywhere else, there won't be the work about that there was 2 years ago. I doubt it would be as simple as slotting back in where you left off. It's fine for people telling you to go for it, but personally with a family in tow, unless I had a guaranteed job with at least enough to live on, I wouldn't be considering it. But if you want out of Glasgow that badly, give it a go! Rather you than me.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

lynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by agoreira
I don't know, but I would imagine like everywhere else, there won't be the work about that there was 2 years ago. I doubt it would be as simple as slotting back in where you left off. It's fine for people telling you to go for it, but personally with a family in tow, unless I had a guaranteed job with at least enough to live on, I wouldn't be considering it. But if you want out of Glasgow that badly, give it a go! Rather you than me.
Luckily for us my husbands internet business can be done from anywhere in the world so it wouldnt make any difference to us financially that way.
It would just be a matter of shifting his pc and office stuff to another location like we done before. We probably could live on his income alone but I would prefer to work part time doing something on my own.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:02 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynda32 ....have you not considered maybe moving to England? Why go back to Spain if it didn't work out before? Moving to England wouldn't be such a big thing, or as expensive, and easier to move back 'home' if it doesn't work out.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

usinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the idea of looking at other places apart from Spain. In the end, Spain may be the best for you especially if your husband can support you, but maybe you should should spend some time thinking about all the options. Is it that you miss Spain, or just hate it where you are? I think its important that you know what is pushing you into wanting to move again.

In my opinion Spain has changed very much over the past two years. It may not be quite the country you left.

All the best, whatever you decide to do.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usinspain
Is it that you miss Spain, or just hate it where you are? I think its important that you know what is pushing you into wanting to move again.
Ain't it the truth.
Ironically, I have met many expats who came here to get away from something
Old Feb 14th 2010, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

elle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant future

And I'm sure the local taxistas would welcome you with open arms!
Bit confused about the unhealthy diet, what did you used to eat in Spain you can't get in Glasgow? I'd have thought you could eat healthily wherever you were in the world.
if you read the post she didnt say unhealthy diet,she said unhealthy living,
she asking for advise on moving back to spain,you come across a bit rude
Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elle79
if you read the post she didnt say unhealthy diet,she said unhealthy living,
she asking for advise on moving back to spain,you come across a bit rude
You're right she did say unhealthy living. And you don't suppose that includes diet? Perhaps she meant exercise, so what exercise did she do in Spain that she couldn't do in Glasgow? If she chooses to eat badly, do no exercise, generally live unhealthily, that's hardly the fault of Glasgow, that down to the OP.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:06 am
Just Joined

elle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant future

You're right she did say unhealthy living. And you don't suppose that includes diet? Perhaps she meant exercise, so what exercise did she do in Spain that she couldn't do in Glasgow? If she chooses to eat badly, do no exercise, generally live unhealthily, that's hardly the fault of Glasgow, that down to the OP.
i understand what your saying,but shes obviously down and unhappy,i just thought your reply was patronising,and it is healthier living in spain,its a more outdoor life,and the food is alot more haelthier,fast food is more readily available in the uk,and because of the crappy weather people tend to sit in more,i definatly do, more so than when i lived in spain.maybe youve forgot how dismal the uk is lol
Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:17 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

i understand what your saying,but shes obviously down and unhappy,i just thought your reply was patronising,and it is healthier living in spain,its a more outdoor life,and the food is alot more haelthier,fast food is more readily available in the uk,and because of the crappy weather people tend to sit in more,i definatly do, more so than when i lived in spain.maybe youve forgot how dismal the uk is lol
I just came back from the UK to Spain and all its done here since I arrived is rain
Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I just came back from the UK to Spain and all its done here since I arrived is rain
lol i heard its done nothing but rain for 2 months,at least its not like that all year round
(thatll be just my luck ill move back and itll be the worst weather on record lol)
Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:22 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

Its rained more or less constantly since Christmas here!! We're flooded in again, the "dry" river at the bottom of our garden is about 3 ft deep across our drive!

Jo xxx
Old Feb 15th 2010, 9:47 am

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

True to an extent.

We can't blame the UK for the unheathly living, getting fatter and doing no exercise.

It's up to the individual to sort themselves out and quit blaming this or that.

I see plenty of fat spanish people..kids eating a whole chocolate block in a baguette, macdonalds is always busy, coca cao, etc.

It's sheer laziness.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manamama
True to an extent.

We can't blame the UK for the unheathly living, getting fatter and doing no exercise.

It's up to the individual to sort themselves out and quit blaming this or that.

I see plenty of fat spanish people..kids eating a whole chocolate block in a baguette, macdonalds is always busy, coca cao, etc.

It's sheer laziness.
A chocolate sandwich is a Spanish speciality

And there are Spanish people who eat Chorizo and Morcilla every day which isnt so healthy.

An unhealthy person in the UK will be unhealthy in Spain. It will make no difference. Where they may have thought it was too cold to go for a walk in the UK they will say it is too hot to do so in Spain during the summer, there is always an excuse. Add to that, it hasnt stopped raining for 2 months in the part of Spain I'm in!
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cricketman
A chocolate sandwich is a Spanish speciality

And there are Spanish people who eat Chorizo and Morcilla every day which isnt so healthy.

An unhealthy person in the UK will be unhealthy in Spain. It will make no difference. Where they may have thought it was too cold to go for a walk in the UK they will say it is too hot to do so in Spain during the summer, there is always an excuse. Add to that, it hasnt stopped raining for 2 months in the part of Spain I'm in!
i get what ur all saying and i agree with some of it,it does depend on the individual,but i quote again shes asking advise on moving back to spain,not what shes eating,you dont know her so dont judge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.