Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I thought the spanish were poor

Wikiposts

I thought the spanish were poor

Old Jul 30th 2012, 3:52 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I thought the spanish were poor

BTW has anyone read Mitzy's message this morning on the top of the page
Old Jul 30th 2012, 3:54 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
BTW has anyone read Mitzy's message this morning on the top of the page
no - what does it say ??
it isnt visible from here
Old Jul 30th 2012, 4:05 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
I wouldn't know what they had in the war as I wasn't born then!

Jimmy Young was a radio presenter and singer who was very popular in the sixties right through to the eighties, it appears that he did something to upset the BBC and was replaced.
I couldn't resist checking up on that.
According to wiki he retired from BBC2 of his own accord in 2002.
It was only then that he vented his opinions.
Can't have upset them too much as he was back to make a special prog last yr at the age of 90 and then began some sort of series in March of this year !

He had 2 huge No 1 hits as a singer in the 50s, Man from Laramie and Unchained and I think his DJ career goes back to the early 60s.

I always thought he came over as a very pleasant and likeable guy on BBC2.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 4:08 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
no - what does it say ??
it isnt visible from here
Post 5 9.30 am today

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709229
Old Jul 30th 2012, 4:44 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

so what are you trying to say Jacky ?
what does such a comment have to do with the Spanish and whether they are poor or rich.?

The same thing could be said about the Brits, some can exist on €800 per month, take the girlfriend to the pictures on a saturday night, have fish and chip supper on the way home, buy a packet of Woodbines and still have a tanner left over for the start of the new month.
Others would never leave home for the evening without the €800 in their back pocket and expect to come home having borrowed a couple of hundred from a mate

Everyone's circumstances are different - until Comrade Bob Crow gets his own way and shares his £140k pa with all the other communist brothers and sisters
Old Jul 30th 2012, 9:55 am
Banned

What are you on about Actually what I was trying to say is that you are OFF TOPIC...have you read the link from Mitzy
Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

What are you on about Actually what I was trying to say is that you are OFF TOPIC...have you read the link from Mitzy
I guess that's up to the moderators, some threads go way off topic and are allowed to run...others get locked, maybe it depends if there is an R in the month.

Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:23 am
Banned

Of course they do go off topic. I was just giving a gentle hint but got drivel about 800€ fish n' chips and woodbines. I give up
Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:54 am

Of course they do go off topic. I was just giving a gentle hint but got drivel about 800€ fish n' chips and woodbines. I give up
that comment is off topic

Old Jul 30th 2012, 12:01 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Post 4 as well but it's like water on a ducks back to the usual suspects.