Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I thought the spanish were poor

Wikiposts

I thought the spanish were poor

Old Jul 27th 2012, 4:43 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I thought the spanish were poor

I keep seeing posts from the Troll, what's he saying now?
Old Jul 27th 2012, 4:44 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

For goodness sake can you not find anything better to do than act as children on an adult forum.

Rosemary
Old Jul 27th 2012, 4:50 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I keep seeing posts from the Troll, what's he saying now?
If you mean me,....You bloomin turncoat
Old Jul 27th 2012, 4:53 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Just get back on topic or I will close the thread.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 5:27 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Been a bit overcast here today but its bright sunshine now and bloody warm!
Old Jul 27th 2012, 9:53 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Oh yes don't you worry, I do appreciate it, I am accepted in my village like one of their own,

Not sure if I told you about when I returned after a spell in Hungary, they actually stopped their cars in the streets and got out to greet me, I love them all and thank them so much for accepting me.

Having a place in Wales, I was a little concerned that it might have been similar (mostly in around the 80's), ie/not welcoming English who take up holiday homes, and put up the prices of property, It's not so bad there now but don't know if you ever heard of the FWA that used to burn down properties bought as holiday homes by outsiders in Wales?, Well it was a concern that it might have been the same here.

How wrong I was, they may be poor but they have huge hearts.

Problem is I buy my closest neighbour those ham leg things they seem to like over here (not cheap either) and the odd box of chocolates and dog biscuits for her dog, and like some of you on here, she calls me loco, I just don't get it, what am I supposed to do?

She has a habit of coming around looking for her cat in the evening as an excuse to tell me they are all sitting outside in the cool evening air, she likes me to sit with her and her family, and chat, unbelievably mostly about England and the weather.

She has a big family and her grandchildren say they love rain and cold and want to know all about England . I have just bought a new place in England (the other week when I flew over) and would like to give them a chance to come and see it for themselves soon.
all sounds good, its the way it should be IMHO, ISTR Rosemary saying she also had very positive relationship(s), we can all aspire to such friendliness.
although local barmaid did lift me up a couple of notches when the abogado next door bought me a drink and has now started talking to me instead of just dumping the glass in front of me.

as my father and ancestors came from Tongwynlais, in the shadow of Castell Coch and we still have close ties understand the not welcoming the English. It isnt the rudeness and sometimes downright hostility to foreigners you can experience in places like Glasgow, but there is still a feeling of waryness left over from centuries ago. Even with a fully Welsh set of names the Northern Home Counties accent doesn't help.

rgds
Old Jul 27th 2012, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

nogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
all sounds good, its the way it should be IMHO, ISTR Rosemary saying she also had very positive relationship(s), we can all aspire to such friendliness.
although local barmaid did lift me up a couple of notches when the abogado next door bought me a drink and has now started talking to me instead of just dumping the glass in front of me.

as my father and ancestors came from Tongwynlais, in the shadow of Castell Coch and we still have close ties understand the not welcoming the English. It isnt the rudeness and sometimes downright hostility to foreigners you can experience in places like Glasgow, but there is still a feeling of waryness left over from centuries ago. Even with a fully Welsh set of names the Northern Home Counties accent doesn't help.

rgds
IMHO? ISTR? English please, for a newby.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 10:59 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nogard
IMHO? ISTR? English please, for a newby.
http://www.internetslang.com/

also used on those texty thingys on telephones
Old Jul 27th 2012, 11:10 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

G2K
Old Jul 28th 2012, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.internetslang.com/

also used on those texty thingys on telephones
At last....I'll be able to understand what you're talking about!
Old Jul 28th 2012, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
At last....I'll be able to understand what you're talking about!
Cannot stand it and in my view unnecessary. FGS what is the problem of a few extra seconds typing.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Cannot stand it and in my view unnecessary. FGS what is the problem of a few extra seconds typing.
By the time I have looked it up there will be new posts with even more to look up
Old Jul 29th 2012, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by johnnyone

Old Jul 29th 2012, 1:48 am

so is it being suggested that this forum should ban any form of abbreviation or TLA ..... oops sorry, Three Letter Abbreviation

perhaps the use of !"£$%$^&*()_+
should also be banned and only the actual word be used

Mods - do we get a poll on this ??

Old Jul 29th 2012, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

so is it being suggested that this forum should ban any form of abbreviation or TLA ..... oops sorry, Three Letter Abbreviation

perhaps the use of !"£$%$^&*()_+
should also be banned and only the actual word be used

Mods - do we get a poll on this ??
LOL ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.