Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I have returned

I have returned

Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:25 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have returned

As usual, just to remind you doubters why you came here

Twelve days in the UK.

It rained, every single day ... it was cloudy and grey most days .... August in England

The costs of things has shot up incredibly. People moan about Spain being more expensive now ... trust me, it has nothing on the UK. I have spent so much money its untrue. I draw out £100 and its just gone on nothing in a few days.

I couldn't afford to live there right now even if I wanted to
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have returned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
As usual, just to remind you doubters why you came here

Twelve days in the UK.

It rained, every single day ... it was cloudy and grey most days .... August in England

The costs of things has shot up incredibly. People moan about Spain being more expensive now ... trust me, it has nothing on the UK. I have spent so much money its untrue. I draw out £100 and its just gone on nothing in a few days.
I couldn't afford to live there right now even if I wanted to
Trust me, I had the same problem in Spain!

PS Now I'm back in the UK, the forecast for the whole of this week is warm and sunny.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

Not in Wiltshire 14 degrees and cloudy
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:48 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
Trust me, I had the same problem in Spain!

PS Now I'm back in the UK, the forecast for the whole of this week is warm and sunny.
Yeah, but thats with the rate of exchange!

I was drawing sterling and spending sterling like water. Just going out for a coffee or a snack ... you spend £7-8 just for a couple of coffees and a danish.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titleist
Not in Wiltshire 14 degrees and cloudy
Well I did say the forecast was sunny, that doesnt mean it actually is.

TBH the skies are as dull as ditch water here at the moment.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, but thats with the rate of exchange!

I was drawing sterling and spending sterling like water. Just going out for a coffee or a snack ... you spend £7-8 just for a couple of coffees and a danish.
Well I was drawing euros and spending euros like water! and 300 euros seemed to be gone in a few days. You're just gonna have to quit that Danish lark when you're in the UK next! Im sure there are better deals along the 332.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:23 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Glad youre back Mitz - missed ya - there was a rumour that youd run off with Lionda.................................
Oh and its grey and windy here today but the sun is trying so hard to break through the clouds.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Glad youre back Mitz - missed ya - there was a rumour that youd run off with Lionda.................................
I know nothing!

'cept she was last seen near the Castle in Denia with a man with a ponytail .................................

oh, and another one dressed in a brightly coloured shirt.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 2:44 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by montgomail
I know nothing!

'cept she was last seen near the Castle in Denia with a man with a ponytail .................................

oh, and another one dressed in a brightly coloured shirt.
I'm still having nightmares about that shirt
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:18 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey welcome back Mitzy!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:19 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Hey welcome back Mitzy!
Hiya
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:20 pm

Hiya
Sorry to hear you had such a shite time!

Now go get yourself a G&T and sit by the pool!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:22 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Sorry to hear you had such a shite time!

Now go get yourself a G&T and sit by the pool!
I feel sick at the moment ....... I think its jet lag.
And that Zel blokes shut me off his forum
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:25 pm

I feel sick at the moment ....... I think its jet lag.
And that Zel blokes shut me off his forum
Jet lag?

No he hasnt lol........
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:44 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

what do you want? A medal??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.