Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I don't believe it!

I don't believe it!

Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:47 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold
Default I don't believe it!

When his Gingerness moved down to spend a life of sin with me, he brought his cat, Rosie. She stayed for about a year, then vanished. e thought she's been run over or taken by the local dog fox, looked all round, no sign. Then a few weeks after, I spied a cat across the field, who looked very like her, called but it ran. Then his Gingerness saw it, followed it, and it went into a cottage on the corner of the field. He went in and asked the old lady who said oh yes i've been feeding her, she gets me up in te night fo salmon! so he asked her not to feed her, it was our cat(she had a collar and tag) but she wouldn't come back, i felt sorry as she was a lonely old lady and cats really choose their owners, not the other way round, so we let it drop and she stayed there.
3 years pass.
2 days ago there was a knock at the door, its the old lady's son, apparently she's in hospital, won't be coming back, and do we want our cat back!! course he gingerness is very happy, I'm just thinking another bloody pet passport to pay for!! and transporting a cat is even worse than dogs!!
Ahh she's quite sweet, really but poorly at the moment as she got her leg caught through her collar and had to have it stitched up, so she's got one of those lampshade thingys on her head.(luckily they paid!)
so now i'm having to keep the dogs in the kitchen so they can't get her, so Angus in wingeing!!
Old Jun 29th 2007, 2:26 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I don't believe it!

Originally Posted by silverchick
When his Gingerness moved down to spend a life of sin with me, he brought his cat, Rosie. She stayed for about a year, then vanished. e thought she's been run over or taken by the local dog fox, looked all round, no sign. Then a few weeks after, I spied a cat across the field, who looked very like her, called but it ran. Then his Gingerness saw it, followed it, and it went into a cottage on the corner of the field. He went in and asked the old lady who said oh yes i've been feeding her, she gets me up in te night fo salmon! so he asked her not to feed her, it was our cat(she had a collar and tag) but she wouldn't come back, i felt sorry as she was a lonely old lady and cats really choose their owners, not the other way round, so we let it drop and she stayed there.
3 years pass.
2 days ago there was a knock at the door, its the old lady's son, apparently she's in hospital, won't be coming back, and do we want our cat back!! course he gingerness is very happy, I'm just thinking another bloody pet passport to pay for!! and transporting a cat is even worse than dogs!!
Ahh she's quite sweet, really but poorly at the moment as she got her leg caught through her collar and had to have it stitched up, so she's got one of those lampshade thingys on her head.(luckily they paid!)
so now i'm having to keep the dogs in the kitchen so they can't get her, so Angus in wingeing!!
Had the same in my first house, had a long haired cat, which the neighbour, a sweet little old lady who ran a sweet shop next to our house, used to take in and feed tinned Salmon. She used to shut cat in sweet shop overnight at times, and it used to sleep on the shelves, on top of the sweets as she just had them strewn all over the place. Actually I felt sorry for her as she lived on her own, was in her 80's and while I was living there was robbed at knife point, in fact I heard the noise and went round to the shop, the guys had legged it, but she was obviously shocked, so I had her in our house till the police etc came. The thugs were caught within minutes,. One thing was she knew some of them, and the other was that they made their getaway in an American Import car, of which there were only 6 in the country. Not the biggest of criminal brains there! They did all get banged up..