Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I cant decide on a car!!

I cant decide on a car!!

Old Jul 19th 2007, 4:14 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default I cant decide on a car!!

Right, so I basically have about 6-7000 euros to play with as the OH wants a little run around, and I just cant decide on any car.

I have an Isuzu at the moment and I adore it so would love one of them out there, but I am also looking at a Landrover Discovery or maybe a Mitzu.

I basically need a 4x4 because of my line of work and most importantly the dog I cant stand estates as I am not 300 years old and I have testicles so an MPV is out of the question.

Any useful advice?

I know there are a few petrol heads among you so come on.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I cant decide on a car!!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Right, so I basically have about 6-7000 euros to play with as the OH wants a little run around, and I just cant decide on any car.

I have an Isuzu at the moment and I adore it so would love one of them out there, but I am also looking at a Landrover Discovery or maybe a Mitzu.

I basically need a 4x4 because of my line of work and most importantly the dog I cant stand estates as I am not 300 years old and I have testicles so an MPV is out of the question.

Any useful advice?

I warn YOU do not get a jeep cheeroke whatever you do!!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 4:23 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
I warn YOU do not get a jeep cheeroke whatever you do!!!!!
I can promise you that will never happen!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

I can promise you that will never happen!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 4:40 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Any useful advice?

Hi RM just popping through,Toyota surf.Fabulous cars I have one its 17 yrs old looks new good on diesal, lovely to drive,carrys everything from wood, to my paintings.Easy to drive, wouldnt swap it.Japenese import.Just love it .Loads room for doggies
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Any useful advice?

The Suzuki Grand Vitara, I have been very pleased with Matt . Diesel, 2.0 turbo, but you'd need the LWB not the short as I have.
If you go on to the German Autoscout site you quoted the other day you can get them quite cheap. But you need to add on the import tax as you wouldn't have owned it for more than 6 months. Worth comparing.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:12 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
The Suzuki Grand Vitara, I have been very pleased with Matt . Diesel, 2.0 turbo, but you'd need the LWB not the short as I have.
If you go on to the German Autoscout site you quoted the other day you can get them quite cheap. But you need to add on the import tax as you wouldn't have owned it for more than 6 months. Worth comparing.
aren't they like..............hairdressers cars?
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

aren't they like..............hairdressers cars?

I nearly said, I'm not a hairdresser!!!
Have a look at one, you'll be suprised, they've come a long way since those days
Plus theres lots of service points, which I was advised there weren't for Mitsi
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:26 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I nearly said, I'm not a hairdresser!!!
Have a look at one, you'll be suprised, they've come a long way since those days
Plus theres lots of service points, which I was advised there weren't for Mitsi
Hmmmm, how about prices?

and I need enough room for a mobile A/C unit to sit for the dog.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

PoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nice

suzuki ... hairdressers car??????? oh yes..

how about a rav 4 ? make sure its a d4d if you do though..

a disco for the sort of money you mentioned would probably be a bit on the ropey side.but if you can find a good 1 .. why not.

have you thought about an x-trail?? i know its a nissan , but i would prefer a 2002 ish x trail to an older disco anyday.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:30 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by PoolePaul
suzuki ... hairdressers car??????? oh yes..

how about a rav 4 ? make sure its a d4d if you do though..

a disco for the sort of money you mentioned would probably be a bit on the ropey side.but if you can find a good 1 .. why not.

have you thought about an x-trail?? i know its a nissan , but i would prefer a 2002 ish x trail to an older disco anyday.
X-trail for the money I am looking at, not likely.

I am only going for a year so I don't want to spend months registering a car, need to hit the ground running really.

Rav 4?

I am a man!!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:31 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

How about one of these?
Attached Thumbnails I cant decide on a car!!-pig-car.jpg   I cant decide on a car!!-forfun2_1.jpg   I cant decide on a car!!-carpet_interior.jpg   I cant decide on a car!!-700_56029.jpg   I cant decide on a car!!-bape_veyron.jpg  

Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:36 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by keithwalters
How about one of these?
Ram it!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

PoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nice

you can pick up an x-trail in the uk for £5.500 to £6.000 so its only just above what you want to spend, you would probally find a left hand drive 1 even cheaper , but then of course you will have the problem of registering it,

are prices in spain much higher for used cars?
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

a rav4

yeah ok i retract that one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.