Hoya 19

Old Oct 26th 2014, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hoya 19

After all the past comments on it, I was pleasantly surprised by our tapas today 4 tapas all tasted delicious and beautifully presented.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all
Default Re: Hoya 19

As I shared those same tapas I will echo this. There seems to be a new menu: at the moment the old menu is still available and is in Spanish and English but the new menu was also available but only in Spanish. Sunday roast was also available and the people on the next table said it was very nice; their only complaint was that the beef was cut too thick.

Kath
Old Nov 4th 2014, 8:52 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I am delighted to report positively on 19H. We had a great party on Saturday wine tasting live music etc... lots of people up and dancing etc. Blimey I was also seen shaking around a bit (that's rare!). Don't tell anyone, I need a hip replacement and I was just walking back from the loo.... but some thought it was a dance

Sunday we decided to try lunch. Instead of the English roast 12Eur we saw that there was a turbot for 25 Eur.... expensive, but we were assured that it was fresh and big enough for 2. Thus 12:50 each loads of veg included (couldn't finish them all off).

It was delicious, so smelled totally fresh (i.e no fish smell) and the meat cooked perfectly and just fell off the bone It was the biggest fish in square-inches I have ever eaten....! size of a large dinner plate).

As we were walking out we saw the daily lunch menu around 10 Euros also had bottles of wine for less than 7 Euros... so a cheap local lunch is possible there.

Note closed Mondays

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Nov 4th 2014 at 9:18 am.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info guys.
Sounds like improvements overall ! May try it over xmas when we are there next, mind you it will take a little persuading the better half as the service in summer was very poor. Fingers crossed.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lloyd2012
Thanks for the info guys.
Sounds like improvements overall ! May try it over xmas when we are there next, mind you it will take a little persuading the better half as the service in summer was very poor. Fingers crossed.
Think if that was still the case, Jon Bxl would have let people know,
doubt he would recommend a place that was poor service?.

Ken.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hoya 19

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

It was delicious, so smelled totally fresh (i.e no fish smell) and the meat cooked perfectly and just fell off the bone It was the biggest fish in square-inches I have ever eaten....! size of a large dinner plate).

As we were walking out we saw the daily lunch menu around 10 Euros also had bottles of wine for less than 7 Euros... so a cheap local lunch is possible there.

Note closed Mondays

Jon
Went today on Jon's recommendation no turbot but offered fresh salmon. Long discussion between the four of us on what we should choose. Then the waiter came across to tell us the chef was just taking a fresh lasagne out of the oven so we said as one that we have that. It was delicious!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Think if that was still the case, Jon Bxl would have let people know,
doubt he would recommend a place that was poor service?.

Ken.
I hope that does not infer you believe the others on this thread would ?
Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I hope that does not infer you believe the others on this thread would ?
It infers what it says, I know Jon personally and also have a place close to the 19th,and use it both for eating and drinking, Jon eats out a lot more than most people I know and always gives good honest feedback,

Ken.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 6:24 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
It infers what it says, I know Jon personally and also have a place close to the 19th,and use it both for eating and drinking, Jon eats out a lot more than most people I know and always gives good honest feedback,

Ken.
Thanks Ken

As people know I'm happy to 'blab-on' about anything but I'm (perhaps) most known/active for the resto recommendations, based on feedback I've got: And yes we do eat out a lot over here for several months a year... and prepared to travel too for it.... but love having local things to do.

My 'informal-policy' for posting on restos is (roughly)
  • Post on interesting places to eat with generally good food and service and experience. A 'good food guide' IMO, as opposed to a diatribe on everything.
  • At times I will feedback where changes have happened that may be negative.. but it's not my 'thing' to publicly criticise restos... I'm certainly not a resto-critic!
  • Regarding CE - we all need options and places to go.... So I admit to a (slight) bias... And so I was delighted to give a positive feedback for 19H, after mixed feedback previously (which I include myself in regarding eg 'teething problems'). The Saturday winetasting-do was real fun and the Turbot meal was genuinely one of the best fish meals my BH and I have had. In fact, the fact that you don't have to drive/taxi inherently has 'brownie-points'
  • I would much rather have paces to eat and drink on CE even if there are (eg) teething problems... than none at all.

Thank goodness we have had the excellent 'local' (shop) to go to in the past period when there was, actually none (other) at all : Even though it is basically a corner shop, it has cemented itself (IMO) as part of the social-structure of CE. We will continue to go there now that we have the GC and 19H ... and are delighted that we have 3 options now. Hoping that the rumours of 2 others opening are true (including a Spanish resto) ..... IMO we need more and varied choice in this huge development

Happy eating and drinking!

Jon

PS Ken, next time you are in Costco, please see if you can get a bulk purchase of boules
Old Nov 14th 2014, 10:30 am
BE Positive

Tomorrow 15 November 10 euros at 19H.... Paella and FREE BEER 🍺 between 13:00 and 15:30!

Jon
Old Nov 14th 2014, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Hoya 19

Typical !! We missed the wine tasting by a couple of days and now we miss the free beer. Should have booked a later flight home tomorrow !!
Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:41 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by keithBT
Typical !! We missed the wine tasting by a couple of days and now we miss the free beer. Should have booked a later flight home tomorrow !!
Shame! 'Sods law' proving itself again Lets hope this crazy weather improves and we can do it on the wonderful terrace.. Even in the rain we currently have temperatures around 20 (still) so if its dry tomorrow it will be great to do it on the terrace...

BTW there are 3 beers to choose from, San Miguel and 2 others that (sorry) I forgot.

Jon
Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

algarveandroid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Shame! 'Sods law' proving itself again Lets hope this crazy weather improves and we can do it on the wonderful terrace.. Even in the rain we currently have temperatures around 20 (still) so if its dry tomorrow it will be great to do it on the terrace...

BTW there are 3 beers to choose from, San Miguel and 2 others that (sorry) I forgot.

Jon
Dont know if they are doing the Desparados , seen that they stock this now , great beer with a good kick , but drinks like pop and one is legal limit!
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 5:44 am
BE Positive

Default Re: Hoya 19 Pre Xmas Party

Hi I received an email about the Party on Saturday 6/12/14 from 8pm

Reservations essential

All Inclusive food and drinks and music for 18Euros, and the food looks good (the Tuna Adobo is very nice there and the pork steaks have had a good review on the forum - though I haven't tried them yet)

I think they will close after this party - till the New Year.. but this is not 100% certain, just what I have heard 'on the street'

In case you aren't on their mailing list here is the advert we got in email attached.

Jon

PS For the (e.g) Belgians and the Dutch 6 December is a big Xmas day, where eg kids get presents (more than on 25th) and 'Sint Niklaas' is seen passing out gifts..... so its 'OK' to have a party then.... (as if we need an excuse here on the very social scene on CE ) Also Xmas eve is 'bigger' than Xmas day over there.

So we can celebrate 6/12, 24/12, 25/12, 31/12, 1/1.. and of course Kings Day 6/1!! Next year we must update the party calendar for Ramadan, Eid, Hanukah and Lord Buddah's birthday. .. additions always welcome
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
19H Pre Xmas Dinner CE 061214.pdf (131.0 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Dec 3rd 2014 at 6:29 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 6:52 am
BE Positive

I heard recently from a local 'source' that the La Cabra will not open in CE.

It was always a rumour, great one as it was - So is this post - as 'who really knows' ....

Apparently a deal was done and at the last minute the seller changed the terms - asking more dosh - but who knows!

That leaves the other rumour that a new villa will create a small private Thai resto in a separate room. Lets see! I love Thai food so will be excited at the possibility

Looking forward to taking the bus into town, stopping on the way for a swim at the water park, then a few pre-lunch drinks at the Marina and a Michelin lunch overlooking the luxury yachts on the 2nd biggest (and deepest) marina in Spain..... on the way back stopping at the health centre portacabin for some anti-acid! Well great if we can believe the pre-election blurb of the debt-ridden town hall!
Don't hold your breath

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.