Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How are you keeping warm?

How are you keeping warm?

Old Dec 8th 2012, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How are you keeping warm?

Must admit although still living in the UK unfortunately, we moved house last year from a 17th century stone house with a log burner that I put in 17 years ago to a modern centrally heated house, part of prep for moving to Spain full time. Amazing how much I miss that wood burner it kept the main house cosy and with 3ft solid stone walls retained the heat, on a morning even though no wood on over night the embers maintained the heat till central heating kicked in. Mind it was not cheap to run but very effective.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 2:17 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How are you keeping warm?

Originally Posted by bobd22
I think that it will not be long before the better off pensioners loose WFA and bus passes that is what is being looked at now, just depends I suppose on what they deem well off?
I would assume they would come up with a suitable figure and that would be linked to your taxable income.

That raises an interesting point with regard to expats who are not tax resident in the UK as HMRC don't know what their income is!