Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How will La Crisis effect Spain in the long term?

How will La Crisis effect Spain in the long term?

Old Apr 25th 2013, 3:01 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How will La Crisis effect Spain in the long term?

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Some good news on the jobs front here. The UK is looking to recruit 300 Spanish cooks

http://www.diariosur.es/rc/20130425/...304251106.html
Bad news for others.
Hope they keep them down South well out my way.
I'm looking forward to some proper grub back in the UK.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Did anyone catch the Deutsche Bank guy on 5Live this morning? Interesting analysis of the situation and categorically he stated there was absolutely no talk of Spain ever leaving the Eurozone, in fact he was adamant that Italy, Greece and a couple of others may well leave but that Spain and Port could never and no one in Spain at the top is even talking about it.
That to me is the most positive sign that Spain and Portugal will be out very soon.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 3:07 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Busy day for you today burying bad news
Keep on digging Stevie.

I'm sure you can bury it all if you just keep on digging.

Mind there's 27 million out there who likely won't lift a finger to help you.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 3:24 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
That to me is the most positive sign that Spain and Portugal will be out very soon.
5-6 years according to Deutsche Bank
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Revolutions come in all packages....The impending one looming here is a fiscally based one....The Spanish people are prepared to put up with nigh on all manner of corrupt shenanigans in public and private office, no matter how blatant, offensive and obtrusive they are....As long as they’re ‘Alright’, ‘Getting their share’, ‘Making do’, even just ‘Getting by’.....But the closer the precipice appears to near....The more the people suffer, the more stringent the austerity cutbacks and the lifestyle effects....The more they are offended by the corruption , the more they begrudge the privileges and the bungs.....And the precipice is looming large, it is only a matter of time.........It’s life
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
5-6 years according to Deutsche Bank
Matt I was refering to them being out of the Euro.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:42 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by The Beast
Revolutions come in all packages....The impending one looming here is a fiscally based one....The Spanish people are prepared to put up with nigh on all manner of corrupt shenanigans in public and private office, no matter how blatant, offensive and obtrusive they are....As long as they’re ‘Alright’, ‘Getting their share’, ‘Making do’, even just ‘Getting by’.....But the closer the precipice appears to near....The more the people suffer, the more stringent the austerity cutbacks and the lifestyle effects....The more they are offended by the corruption , the more they begrudge the privileges and the bungs.....And the precipice is looming large, it is only a matter of time.........It’s life
People need some hope, even just a faint ray of light at the end of the tunnel.

I wonder what the general reaction would be if Spain pulled out of the euro soon ?

Would the population consider it a positive sign that at least something was being done to alleviate the crisis and continue to exercise patience, or would it be looked upon as complete failure and unsettle them even further ?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:46 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Matt I was refering to them being out of the Euro.
Ah right... makes more sense, sorry.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
People need some hope, even just a faint ray of light at the end of the tunnel.

I wonder what the general reaction would be if Spain pulled out of the euro soon ?

Would the population consider it a positive sign that at least something was being done to alleviate the crisis and continue to exercise patience, or would it be looked upon as complete failure and unsettle them even further ?

I believe that the only way to avoid impending civil disruption on a massive scale IS to pull out of the EU.......
Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:05 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Believe it or not, there just isn't a large desire currently to pull out of the Euro (you would thought so, but as yet no). Give control of the currency value back to the local politicians??? You have to realise that everyone who's earning, knows that his or her Euros have a good purchasing power, which would be slashed with a return to a local currency . Of course you may ask about the 6 million who are on paro- but how many of them still earn euros via the submerged economy? According to Le Monde it's quite a lot. They talk about the submerged economy (ie black) accounting for 20-25% of GNP. Not good for local deficit reduction, but may explain the general relaxed approach CM talks about.
http://www.radiocable.com/monde-econ...medium=twitter
Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:16 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Oviedo, which is notoriously conservative place
Well, that might explain why your lefty narratives so oft eerily mimic radical conservative views.

But then again, it's often said that far left and far right rhetoric is nearly indistinguishable.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:06 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Bad news for others.
Hope they keep them down South well out my way.
I'm looking forward to some proper grub back in the UK.
You mean you don't want 2 skinny lamb chops smothered in garlic
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:21 pm
On the road again.

You mean you don't want 2 skinny lamb chops smothered in garlic
Need a magnifying glass just to find them.

Dare say they'd be ok for a Spot the Chop competition though.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:33 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Believe it or not, there just isn't a large desire currently to pull out of the Euro (you would thought so, but as yet no). Give control of the currency value back to the local politicians??? You have to realise that everyone who's earning, knows that his or her Euros have a good purchasing power, which would be slashed with a return to a local currency .
Some think Spain would be better off out of the Euro

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...y-leaving-emu/

The BBC were showing demos in Madrid last night. Also an intersting report about South Americans returning to their own countries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...back-home.html

Last edited by jackytoo; Apr 26th 2013 at 11:36 am.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Tell you what Jackie, we all know there is a huge "working on the black" issue here. But the new jobs I've linked to exist. No attempt by you to do your normal "it's all made-up" this time?

As for Andalucia, I see Malaga football club are playing at home this weekend. Are we really going to see empty terraces there? I think not? Can't see Real Betis playing before an empty crowd either.
Atletico Madrid then? Nope.
Athletic Bilbao perhaps? Nope.
I think I've mentioned packed and heaving bars before - well maybe I'm just lucky when I fly out there.
Are Starbucks empty in Spain? Genuine question by the way - they serve overpriced coffee as a brand. Can someone here who is actually in Spain pop to their local Starbucks and post a pic? It may actually be empty (and prove me wrong) but I have my doubts..
Of course this doesn't mean there aren't a lot of youngsters without long-term stable work in their area, particularly in the south/ Andalucia. But, as I've said, there are a lot of hard-working and talented Spanish out there who will resolve the situation. Despite the best efforts of some who waste no opportunity to badmouth a whole nation.
Stevie, you see people spending money like water, and so do I. But the fact is that Spain's wealth gap - the gap between the poorest 20% and the richest 20% - is now the biggest in Europe.

For a start, we have half a million politicians on high salaries and with life pensions from each post they have held. They claim generous expenses on top of that. One of our PP councillors here is only in her 30s but she is already clocking up nearly €50k a year while her neighbours are living on snared rabbits and edible thistles. It's quite obscene.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.