Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

how.much required per.week to live on comfortably???

how.much required per.week to live on comfortably???

Old Apr 23rd 2015, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

roxypotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how.much required per.week to live on comfortably???

[QUOTE=cricketman;11626521]Well, you are assuming that they could find a good free state school. Many in Spain are absolutely terrible

And by the time university comes round then you have those fees to come too

We are budgeting 700 euros per month per child for education until they are 25

soon sort that one.. snip!! Ha..

But on a serious note thanks..

700 euro per month is quite cheap i think.. i thought it be closer to 1000 euro to be fair..

Steve
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

roxypotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how.much required per.week to live on comfortably???

Originally Posted by Anna Collins1
A friend of mine has a membership at a golf club on the Costa del sol and pays €100 a month and for that he can play every day if he wants, he's a member of group of retired fellas of different ages who get together 3 times a week to play and have a beer afterwards. Alternatively at La Cala golf or Torrequebrada, you can expect to pay up to €80 a round at certain times of the year.

Food and drink can be as cheap or as expensive as you choose, yes Marbella and Banus can be a bit of a rip off, I live 20 mins from Marbella and had a meal out with friends recently in an expensive well known restaurant (not my choice) one of the girls ordered surf & turf from the specials board, the price wasn't shown. When the bill came that one dish was €54, to me that's a rip off.

You could eat in a Spanish restaurant and pay €8 for a menu del dia, it may not be the exact ambiance or surroundings you are looking for but my point is, prices vary massively depending on where you choose. My husband, daughter and I usually pay around €35 to €50 for a nice evening meal with wine.

Hope this helps in some way, you are in a very fortunate position to be able to consider retiring, I don't think you would get bored here as long as you spend wisely and choose carefully.
Well thank you..

I certainly dont order food or drinks without knowing the cost of it.. like i said i learnt from my mistakes..

I remember bejng in Barcelona on a city break. Thousands of restaurants and bars to choose from.... i saw the busiest one and assumed that would be fairly priced.. i ordered 1 coffee and 1 beer.. 18 euros i was charged.. i nearly fell out my seat.. from that day i always said.. i want know price before ordering..

Steve