Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

how.much required per.week to live on comfortably???

how.much required per.week to live on comfortably???

Old Apr 20th 2015, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

roxypotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how.much required per.week to live on comfortably???

We are in a very good position to choose to retire or semi retire when or if we choose to live in spain

Im interested in knowing peoples.opinions on what they see as a good amount to retire on in.spain

I understand everyones situation differs.. but i want to eat.out at least 5 days a week and live a social lifestyle..

Im young and want do.something daily.. not sit around all day playing crosswords etc.. im in my thirtys and have many years ahead..

Want play golf.. want eay out.. want day trips etc..

Steve
Old Apr 20th 2015, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how.much required per.week to live on comfortably???

How long is a piece of string?

Golf is expensive in the expat areas. 50 euros per round. If you like good restaurants then maybe 30-50 euros per head/meal

Say you play golf 3 times a week, eat out 5 times. Have 2 cars on finance and rent a small 3 bed villa in the Costa del sol, then maybe you need 5k euros per month

But of course some couple on here will be living on 800 euros per month

Just depends what your expectations are
Old Apr 20th 2015, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cricketman
How long is a piece of string?

Golf is expensive in the expat areas. 50 euros per round. If you like good restaurants then maybe 30-50 euros per head/meal

Say you play golf 3 times a week, eat out 5 times. Have 2 cars on finance and rent a small 3 bed villa in the Costa del sol, then maybe you need 5k euros per month

But of course some couple on here will be living on 800 euros per month

Just depends what your expectations are

Thats why im interested in hearing proples storys and living situation etc..

I prefer have a 1 year membership on.golf course.. roughly 1800 euro a.year..

Never have finance.. so car will be brought outright..

But its not about me.. im interested in what and how other people live kn in.spain and what they live on etc

Steve
Old Apr 20th 2015, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Won't you get bored?
At first it will seem like a holiday, but after a while I bet you will be looking for something to do
You are fortunate to be able to finance a retirement at such a young age, when most are peaking in their careers.
We used to think it was young when people retired here in their fifties!
Now they' ve barely left school!
Old Apr 20th 2015, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Most better things to do in Spain are absolutely free, things like long walks in beautiful countryside and along the coast, swimming in warm waters, getting involved with the many fiestas that are great fun and free, visiting historic towns, growing, eating, sharing and cooking healthy foods, great music, free TV and starry clear skies.....most of the not so good activities I find cost money.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by casa del sol
Most better things to do in Spain are absolutely free, things like long walks in beautiful countryside and along the coast, swimming in warm waters, getting involved with the many fiestas that are great fun and free, visiting historic towns, growing, eating, sharing and cooking healthy foods, great music, free TV and starry clear skies.....most of the not so good activities I find cost money.
I must admit.. i love free things too.. but i also love my golf and a pint with the lads after golf.and be able take the wife out a few days a week for a meal and maybe a trip to Barcelona for the weekend.. and maybe a trip back to the uk watch my favourite football team stoke city to play at home every now and again..

I just dont want to feel Stuck and watching my money every week..

But i understand your point.. the best things in life are free... us the odd pint of san miguel

Regards steve
Old Apr 20th 2015, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxypotter

But i understand your point.. the best things in life are free... us the odd pint of san miguel
Nobody drinks pints of San Miguel

Reading your previous posts, I feel you would need an income around 5k euros per month

That is similar to what I live on everything included
Old Apr 20th 2015, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Reading your previous posts, I feel you would need an income around 5k euros per month

Hey!!

Thats another subject i suppose.. but i love san miguel.. i even drink it in uk...
i sometimes drink estrella in spain..

5k euros a month is just out my reach at moment.. but in a near future.. i wont be far off.. i can move 2mora of 2k euros a month.. but what the point.. want a proper lifestyle i guess and be able to not watch the money..

Where abouts you live though.. ive heard marbella and puerto banus areas are a rip off

Steve
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit.. i love free things too.. but i also love my golf and a pint with the lads after golf.and be able take the wife out a few days a week for a meal and maybe a trip to Barcelona for the weekend.. and maybe a trip back to the uk watch my favourite football team stoke city to play at home every now and again..

I just dont want to feel Stuck and watching my money every week..

Regards steve

Well the odd san miguel won't break the bank....to be honest, when given the option to go out to eat and eating in very often I will prefer to buy fresh and cook at home. I very much enjoy buying fresh fish at the market and cooking indoors or outdoors with a bottle of rioja or cruzcampo. Have caught the fast AVE return train to Barcelona, took a small picnic, orange juice and a bottle of cava, great journey in comfortable seats, great wide windows with great views. No need to spend mountains of money in Barcelona just keep an eye on the money you do take with you is my only tip.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by casa del sol
Well the odd san miguel won't break the bank....to be honest, when given the option to go out to eat and eating in very often I will prefer to buy fresh and cook at home. I very much enjoy buying fresh fish at the market and cooking indoors or outdoors with a bottle of rioja or cruzcampo. Have caught the fast AVE return train to Barcelona, took a small picnic, orange juice and a bottle of cava, great journey in comfortable seats, great wide windows with great views. No need to spend mountains of money in Barcelona just keep an eye on the money you do take with you is my only tip.
Appreciate reply .

I love a bit of everything in life i suppose.. love nights in.. love nights out.. love a day trip.. love going beach..

I just want meet new friends and mix and have a good Life in the sunshine..

im.only.in.my 30's but in a good position to retire if i choose but only if i can live a full lifestyle i suppose..

I hear people living on 200 euro a week.. seriously..?? Thats got be watching where your money goes..

I meaN like.days.and nights in but thats basically just survival is it not?

Steve
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

WOW- How on earth do some pensioners live just on the UK state pension, which is about 6k a YEAR?
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Neptuno
WOW- How on earth do some pensioners live just on the UK state pension, which is about 6k a YEAR?
They live.. but thats it..

Its survival.. but no lifestyle..
they live to survive and survive to eat...
sad.times.. but its.true x
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of people in Spain living on what others would describe as survival rates.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rspltd
There are a lot of people in Spain living on what others would describe as survival rates.
Shame.. but at the end of the day... some people live on 6k a year and are very happy... they dont play golf.. eatout.. go pub.. they are quite content sitting at home playing a crossword or 2.. and enjoying the sunshine x
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Appreciate reply .

I love a bit of everything in life i suppose.. love nights in.. love nights out.. love a day trip.. love going beach..

I just want meet new friends and mix and have a good Life in the sunshine..

im.only.in.my 30's but in a good position to retire if i choose but only if i can live a full lifestyle i suppose..

I hear people living on 200 euro a week.. seriously..?? Thats got be watching where your money goes..

I meaN like.days.and nights in but thats basically just survival is it not?

Steve

I would not recommend retiring for good at such an early age, you might find yourself getting into bad and sometimes addictive habits. Humans were meant to work, to have a purpose and value in life. Eating steak every day becomes boring, the more you want, get and have the more you need to satisfy the gap....take a year off, make the most of it and then go back to doing something more useful and fulfilling.....life is not, and can never be one long party.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.