Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How to find a villa with siginficantly reduced price in Spain?

How to find a villa with siginficantly reduced price in Spain?

Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice
Default How to find a villa with siginficantly reduced price in Spain?

I would like to purchase a villa in Spain for the sake of retiring there.

If I am not wrong, the developers are offering the biggest discounts of their unsold properties. For private owners, it is rather difficult to cope with the market price decline. That is the reason why I would like to avoid dealing with someone who is emotionally involved. The homeowners are also reluctant to give discounts while the developers are keen to get cash needed for their other operations.

Another option would be some bank repossession - but these data are not easily to get.

Does anybody know some very good offer for a nice villa close to beach or right on the beach?

I was looking for too much time on various internet sites but did not manage to find the right one.

The asking price should be very competitive leading straight to the deal.

If people say it is difficult to sell a house in Spain - it should be remembered that it is also very difficult to purchase one.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by kazic; Aug 26th 2010 at 1:43 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to find a villa with siginficantly reduced price in Spain?

Originally Posted by kazic
I would like to purchase a villa in Spain for the sake of retiring there.

If I am not wrong, the developers are offering the biggest discounts of their unsold properties. For private owners, it is rather difficult to cope with the market price decline. That is the reason why I would like to avoid dealing with someone who is emotionally involved. The homeowners are also reluctant to give discounts while the developers are keen to get cash needed for their other operations.

Another option would be some bank repossession - but these data are not easily to get.

Does anybody know some very good offer for a nice villa close to beach or right on the beach?

I was looking for too much time on various internet sites but did not manage to find the right one.

The asking price should be very competitive leading straight to the deal.

If people say it is difficult to sell a house in Spain - it should be remembered that it is also very difficult to purchase one.

Your help would be highly appreciated.
Anything built on the beach or close to it is probably illegal, so be careful.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Walk into all the banks in your prefered area and tell them youve got x thousand euros and are looking for a repossesion
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:12 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Anything built on the beach or close to it is probably illegal, so be careful.

and if it's not illegal and close to beach it won't be cheap
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Kayak is an unknown quantity at this point

I Talked to a bank about this and they suggested i wait until next winter as prices are set to tumble.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:26 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kayak
I Talked to a bank about this and they suggested i wait until next winter as prices are set to tumble.
It may not be what a lot of house owners on this site, me included, want to hear, but I have to agree and maybe two winters down the line would make even more sense.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Kayak is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we own a property already and its now worth less than we bought it. However we feel if we buy another at rock bottom price in the long run things should be ok.

A estate agent lives next door to us and he advised us to wait 1 year or so. I went to see two major banks one manager asked me if i was crazy to buy now as i thought big discounts already exisit. Sadly a lot of people are coming to the end of savings, credit is hard to get and she reckons the big pinch will begin over the winter.

Wait and youll be able to offer 50% or less...
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice

Dear Kayak,

Are you talking about the Winter 2010-2011?
I find the discounts of 50% still rather depressing - in spite that I am a purchaser.