Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How to fill hose

How to fill hose

Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to fill hose

Anyone any advice about how to fill pool vac hose most quickly with water before turning pump on for cleaning? I procrastinate cos it's such a hassle, and at this time of year that could be weeks since no-one's using it & the cover means we don't see the bottom! of the pool
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to fill hose

Originally Posted by fionamw
Anyone any advice about how to fill pool vac hose most quickly with water before turning pump on for cleaning? I procrastinate cos it's such a hassle, and at this time of year that could be weeks since no-one's using it & the cover means we don't see the bottom! of the pool
Just place vacuum in pool (with handle attached of course!!) and feed the hose down vertically into the water and this will expel all the air then just attach to the skimmer/vacuum inlet and suck away.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malagaman
Just place vacuum in pool (with handle attached of course!!) and feed the hose down vertically into the water and this will expel all the air then just attach to the skimmer/vacuum inlet and suck away.
You make it sound so simple....I've been doing this over 2 years & not once without mega-stress. Feeding the hose vertically down? Without it preferring the option of staying at the top or coiling away towards the other end of the pool? Or pouring what little water's made it inside the hose straight down my right armpit?
There must be either some detail you think is so obvious that you're not saying, or something I'm doing wrong

(ps re where to post: what is the criteria for main forum as opposed to siesta time? I wondered & thought this was something many homeowners might relate to so believed the main forum was right... however obviously I don't mind where it appears as long as I get something approaching an answer that works)
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:19 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

You make it sound so simple....I've been doing this over 2 years & not once without mega-stress. Feeding the hose vertically down? Without it preferring the option of staying at the top or coiling away towards the other end of the pool? Or pouring what little water's made it inside the hose straight down my right armpit?
There must be either some detail you think is so obvious that you're not saying, or something I'm doing wrong

(ps re where to post: what is the criteria for main forum as opposed to siesta time? I wondered & thought this was something many homeowners might relate to so believed the main forum was right... however obviously I don't mind where it appears as long as I get something approaching an answer that works)
... or, turn the blowers on and hold one end of the hose over one of these whilst the other end is in the pool - works fine.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Put one end of the hose onto the brush.
put the brush in the pool, lean handle on side of pool,
at the end of hose closest to the brush push and hold it under the water,
feed the hose through your hands keeping just a small length of it under the water till you reach the other end,
when you get to the end you will see air bubbles then water run out, keep the end under the water and put in vacuuming thingy.