British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   How do houses really sell? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/how-do-houses-really-sell-815621/)

agoreira Nov 22nd 2013 3:29 pm

Re: How do houses really sell?

Originally Posted by crookesey (Post 11002812)
Bloody heck CM, wild boar, bears, wolves and estate agents, Spain can be a really scary place. :eek:

....and all the expat criminals!

crookesey Nov 22nd 2013 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by agoreira (Post 11003089)
....and all the expat criminals!

I must qualify this as being none prejudiced against Cockneys. I've often wondered about some of the guys on the next table to us at the beach bar, festooned in gold, talking in broad Cockney about Ferraris. :unsure:

HBG Nov 22nd 2013 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by crookesey (Post 11003141)
I must qualify this as being none prejudiced against Cockneys. I've often wondered about some of the guys on the next table to us at the beach bar, festooned in gold, talking in broad Cockney about Ferraris. :unsure:

A Ferrari is a drink, and Cockneys like to wind up the yokels from up north.

crookesey Nov 22nd 2013 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 11003252)
A Ferrari is a drink, and Cockneys like to wind up the yokels from up north.

Particularly the yokels that are able to buy and sell them, never underestimate the power of the Tyke. :rofl:

HBG Nov 22nd 2013 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by crookesey (Post 11003263)
Particularly the yokels that are able to buy and sell them, never underestimate the power of the Tyke. :rofl:

I think we all know about the power of the Tyke with the guy from the Co-op, chairman of the bank, Methodist minister, junkie. From Bradford, yeah.

Mind you, some of them aren't bad, like that Beckham guy that used to play for ManU.

Domino Nov 23rd 2013 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by fionamw (Post 11001311)
Ok so I might have mentioned the exchange rate ref Mitz's property, but it was only a side issue, and we've (aka a lot of you:lol:) gone down that track and no mistake. so:focus:

People have mentioned Scandinavians, Germans, Russians, Chinese..... my question would be HOW? Through Scandinavian, German, Russian, Chinese estate agencies operating out of or for the Spanish market? Or privately advertised either on sites like RightMove or their own websites?

On that... I'm not so sure, a house will sell if the right person sees it. It's just a question of making sure enough people know of any property's existence!

I remember seeing a very nice picture of a house for sale, taken from the other side of the swimming pool
the ironing board was almost dead centre between pool and house

:( to say it is still on the market after 3 years........

also seen property photo's with clothes strewn across a bed like a jumble sort out

selling a property means ensuring the photo(s) used are going to sell the property not put people off
you never see film stars properties up for sale with a speck of dust, the same should be said for the rest of us - if we really want a sale.

Mitzyboy Nov 23rd 2013 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Domino (Post 11004246)
I remember seeing a very nice picture of a house for sale, taken from the other side of the swimming pool
the ironing board was almost dead centre between pool and house

:( to say it is still on the market after 3 years........

also seen property photo's with clothes strewn across a bed like a jumble sort out

selling a property means ensuring the photo(s) used are going to sell the property not put people off
you never see film stars properties up for sale with a speck of dust, the same should be said for the rest of us - if we really want a sale.

Thats exactly the start of the problem. It's one thing making people aware that the property is for sale, but if the photographs are not good then they wont be encouraged to come and view. I spent a lot of time doing the photographs for my villa, and it generated interest. I've seen pictures on other places of a bed, or a toilet, or a room strewn with clothing. It's all part of the sales pitch to have good photographs and a thorough description

Domino Nov 23rd 2013 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 11004387)
Thats exactly the start of the problem. It's one thing making people aware that the property is for sale, but if the photographs are not good then they wont be encouraged to come and view. I spent a lot of time doing the photographs for my villa, and it generated interest. I've seen pictures on other places of a bed, or a toilet, or a room strewn with clothing. It's all part of the sales pitch to have good photographs and a thorough description

I mentioned this to an agent showing us round some properties and her response was that they tried to give a week's notice to visit and photgraph but still found that they looked like a teenager's room after a bad session. She said they did the best they could but if what they had to work with was poor then that ended up reflected in the photos.
I have visited some of these properties with a min of 1 weeks notice and got apologies for the state, but no idea that has lost them a sale as you can only look through so much crap to see the potential of the room/property. :(

I did look at your foto's and saw nothing wrong, they did what they should do - sell the property but regret it was not in the right place for me and the BH to commute to Granada to work every day.