Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How can you watch British TV in Northern Spain?

How can you watch British TV in Northern Spain?

Old May 20th 2008, 9:07 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can you watch British TV in Northern Spain?

Originally Posted by Pugsy
Are they computer literate with internet? I wonder if a Slingbox would work? Usually works all over the world, even planes, so might be an option.
Please Pugsy, could you give me more info as to what a Slingbox is? I am not the worlds most computer literate person, but I could get a bit of help.
Old May 20th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Pugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud of

A Slingbox is a gadget that you connect up to a router in your, say, UK house or (willing) friend or relatives, then you get to watch your uk cable tv anywhere else in the world on your computer or phone. In fact, it's better if you go to the website for an explanation - it's really informative and explains it better than me!! You can buy in the UK now from practically all the big stores.

Click, http://www.slingmedia.com

or http://www.ukslingmedia.com
Old May 20th 2008, 10:17 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

from what i understand, in the north of spain a 1.8m is more than adequate to get the UK Terrestrial channels. I dare say a 1.2 or even 1.5m dish may also do the job, but best find an installer in the area (i do not know of any in that area - have you tried the local english newspaper?)

note that a FTA box will only get the free channels.
at the moment you still need a sky card (FTV Card) to get Channel 5, Five US, Fiver and Sky Three), but as i have said in many other posts expect this to change later this your.
Old May 20th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Pugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud of

check this page out

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/slingbox.htm
Old May 20th 2008, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

sslucas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pugsy
Looks great don't know why everyone doesn't have one. Although it won't solve our problem as we don't have a fast internet connection.

Thanks for all the emails, so looks like we can get British TV, just having difficulty finding a local supplier who says they can do it, as so few expats in Asturias they haven't done it before.