House Viewings

Old Feb 19th 2016, 8:15 am
Just Joined

fififiat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House Viewings

We are coming to Spain in April to view some properties,is it easier to arrange viewings once we have arrived as I have contacted estate agents via email and had no replies !!! Any advice would be appreciated....
Old Feb 19th 2016, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Viewings

Some time back but when we arranged viewings for a trip like yours I used Skype to contact estate agents and arrange viewings. It worked for us.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

where in Spain?
Old Feb 19th 2016, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Great idea thank you
Originally Posted by bobd22
Some time back but when we arranged viewings for a trip like yours I used Skype to contact estate agents and arrange viewings. It worked for us.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Looking at the Murcia region....
Originally Posted by wilsman77
where in Spain?
Old Feb 19th 2016, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

nice, I have a holiday home in Cabo Roig. I know a good agent who can help you and a good solicitor PM me if you are interested. I am going out to Cabo on Sunday for a few days so keep em crossed for me to have some good weather!
Old Feb 19th 2016, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that have a great time I'm sure it will be warmer than here !!
Originally Posted by wilsman77
nice, I have a holiday home in Cabo Roig. I know a good agent who can help you and a good solicitor PM me if you are interested. I am going out to Cabo on Sunday for a few days so keep em crossed for me to have some good weather!
Old Feb 21st 2016, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

ScottieLassie is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are looking in Murcia region then I would highly recommend Pacohouse.com. We bought our house from Paco last year and he has been a constant source of information, help and professionalism long after completion. He is Spanish but speaks excellent English. In his case we arranged the viewing once in Spain but generally we arranged viewings by email before leaving the UK. Best company for helping arrange a day of viewings and driving us to each property was HomeEspana. I think maybe be mindful of which agent you buy through as there are some who may not be as good as others to say the least. Happy hunting!
Old Feb 21st 2016, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks very helpful it's good to get a recommendation
Originally Posted by ScottieLassie
If you are looking in Murcia region then I would highly recommend Pacohouse.com. We bought our house from Paco last year and he has been a constant source of information, help and professionalism long after completion. He is Spanish but speaks excellent English. In his case we arranged the viewing once in Spain but generally we arranged viewings by email before leaving the UK. Best company for helping arrange a day of viewings and driving us to each property was HomeEspana. I think maybe be mindful of which agent you buy through as there are some who may not be as good as others to say the least. Happy hunting!
Old Feb 21st 2016, 10:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottieLassie
pick your own vewings, do not do one of these house viewings trips, all they will show you are ones they want to get rid of. Remember that in Spain there isn't a sole agency, so several firms might wll have the same property on their books, but at different prices. If you do like one and decide to buy DO NOT use the abogado suggested by the agents, he is working for them, use an independent one.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
pick your own vewings, do not do one of these house viewings trips, all they will show you are ones they want to get rid of. Remember that in Spain there isn't a sole agency, so several firms might wll have the same property on their books, but at different prices. If you do like one and decide to buy DO NOT use the abogado suggested by the agents, he is working for them, use an independent one.
I should have made this clearer - we DID pick our own viewings. I emailed lists of properties we wanted to see over to the Home Espana office and they arranged for us to be taken from one to the other all day on two days. They were utterly brilliant and non-pushy. Unfortunately Pacohouse.com had the house of our dreams so the one we viewed with him, the wild card, was The One :O))
Old Feb 21st 2016, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

PS I used the solicitors who did the presentations and audience question sessions at the Place In The Sun exhibition in London. I spoke to the solicitor personally that day and the decision was made. They have offices in Spain and London and he is qualified as a solicitor separately in both countries. I would recommend that company too so drop me a PM if you want the details.