house sitting

Old Aug 21st 2014, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default house sitting

I'm looking for a solution to my present financial hole and first grandchild about to be born in the UK by offering to do house sitting (with part time work hopefully) or alternatively part time work with accommodation for a few months in the UK spending the rest of my time finishing a book. Does anyone else do house sitting? And if so any ideas where should I start looking?
Old Aug 26th 2014, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: house sitting

I did house and pet sitting here in Spain before settling here.... I used a couple of internet sites... I know one was called mindmyhouse.com and I'm sure the other was Housesitters. not 100 pc sure on the last one but will double check for you... Im pretty sure the mind my house one does house sitting in the UK... but pretty sure it was a paid for site... only about a tenner a year if I remember right... both were very good and I got work from them... only trouble is that most people want you to look after their homes in exchange for you getting a free holiday . not many want to pay for your services xx
Old Aug 26th 2014, 8:11 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dorishaslop
I did house and pet sitting ... only trouble is .. .
and sometimes their dogs are not too friendly
Old Aug 27th 2014, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
and sometimes their dogs are not too friendly
Yes Missile... the last one pulled me down a flight of steps and did my back in... managed to get someone else to take care of it... and then got mega grief from the owner when she got back because I had to spend time in hospital, and had to use an electric heater to keep warm in January because I couldn't load the log burner the hospital told me to stay in bed for a week...... first thing she did when she got back was go onto iberdrola website and moan about the electric bill.... some people huh !!!
Old Aug 27th 2014, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Missile... the last one pulled me down a flight of steps and did my back in... managed to get someone else to take care of it... and then got mega grief from the owner when she got back because I had to spend time in hospital, and had to use an electric heater to keep warm in January because I couldn't load the log burner the hospital told me to stay in bed for a week...... first thing she did when she got back was go onto iberdrola website and moan about the electric bill.... some people huh !!!
Yes I think I'd avoid big dogs. Small ones OK, cats just fine, Overgrown gardens a doddle. Grumpy people I can handle But big dogs are not for me! Thanks for the info both public and private.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 8:08 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

wow, what an experience Some say the owners resemble their pets