House prices

Old Sep 2nd 2012, 11:12 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House prices

When we were looking for a house to rent the BH went to some agents who advertised, gave them a basic specn i.e. 3-4 bedrooms, 2 toilets, good parking, small garden if possible. Things that we felt were quite common in the area.

The rubbish that was offered
2 beds (one in the living room), one toilet (just, one still had a bucket), house with an RSJ propping up outer wall, on street you couldnt park a bicycle on, with parking 5 streets away. One the chickens had to be turfed out before entering a bedroom. One it was said if interested the owner would complete building - would take minimum of 3 months. Then there was the house that had no electricity, owner expected tenant to have it laid on at a cost of near €4000. Another had a carpentary workshop next door, dust all over the place.

wonder why so many expats who think they are estate agents have gone home broke.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 10:03 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

It's not only Brit estate agents do that. I've had much the same experience right across the board, Spanish, French and Brits.
I explained to one Spanish agent that I was looking for a quiet spot in the country.
He took me to about the most basic property I've ever seen,probably more suited for housing some poultry.
Well at least it was quiet at the time, a brand new unopened Motorway had just been constructed past one side of the property and an unopened connecting road along the other side !
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 10:13 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Some friends rented a country property with a pool. Every Sunday the whole family of Spanish owners came and sat around in the garden using the pool and BBQing

One place we looked at was advertised as having a gym...it was a clothes cupboard with an excercise bike inside
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 11:14 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
When we were looking for a house to rent the BH went to some agents who advertised, gave them a basic specn i.e. 3-4 bedrooms, 2 toilets, good parking, small garden if possible. Things that we felt were quite common in the area.

The rubbish that was offered
2 beds (one in the living room), one toilet (just, one still had a bucket), house with an RSJ propping up outer wall, on street you couldnt park a bicycle on, with parking 5 streets away. One the chickens had to be turfed out before entering a bedroom. One it was said if interested the owner would complete building - would take minimum of 3 months. Then there was the house that had no electricity, owner expected tenant to have it laid on at a cost of near €4000. Another had a carpentary workshop next door, dust all over the place.

wonder why so many expats who think they are estate agents have gone home broke.

Some friends of ours were shown a house that had a dead dog in the kitchen, and another one where the (Spanish) owner would only tell them the price if they agreed to buy. We were shown one where you had to almost bend double and virtually crawl down a little 'passage' to get from one room to another and another where the neighbour owned the roof terrace and the right of access (through our prospective house) to get to it.

I don't know how some properties ever sell. Maybe they don't! And why would someone not remove a dead dog before a viewing? Beats me!
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 2:25 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
Some friends of ours were shown a house that had a dead dog in the kitchen, and another one where the (Spanish) owner would only tell them the price if they agreed to buy. We were shown one where you had to almost bend double and virtually crawl down a little 'passage' to get from one room to another and another where the neighbour owned the roof terrace and the right of access (through our prospective house) to get to it.

I don't know how some properties ever sell. Maybe they don't! And why would someone not remove a dead dog before a viewing? Beats me!
when viewing a potential purchase and you find this in the garage or in the shed at the bottom of the garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEh0Al5a8Sk
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat

Maybe that was supper !