house insurance

house insurance

Old Oct 3rd 2012, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

patontheback is an unknown quantity at this point
Default house insurance

hi all

can any one recommend a insurance company to insure a house near Miravet
Tarragona it will be used as my holiday home so will be empty for periods during
the year and do you have an idea of rough cost the house has 3 bedrooms and around 150 square meters in area.

cheers pat
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: house insurance

Originally Posted by patontheback
hi all

can any one recommend a insurance company to insure a house near Miravet
Tarragona it will be used as my holiday home so will be empty for periods during
the year and do you have an idea of rough cost the house has 3 bedrooms and around 150 square meters in area.

cheers pat
Not answering the question, but adding to it, I've had a flyer from Linea Directa, advertising a package covering property & contents, civil liability, home assistance, robbery (presume they mean burglary), emergency locksmith and more. The flyer says "from 10 Euros a month" and I appreciate 'from" covers a lot of options, but on a general note does anyone know if LD are competitive in this area?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

chocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nice

Hi, I have just had a quote from a company called INTASURE. They offer cover for homes all over the world. Not sure if I will go with them or not, but the quote didn't seem too bad. Cannot comment on whether they are any good or not though!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chocaholic22
Hi, I have just had a quote from a company called INTASURE. They offer cover for homes all over the world. Not sure if I will go with them or not, but the quote didn't seem too bad. Cannot comment on whether they are any good or not though!
I used Intasure when they covered people who were resident here full time (they changed to only holiday homes, so I didn't renew my policy).

I found them very helpful, and settled a storm claim I had for my roof with no problem. I think they sent sent me a cheque by return. The other key factor for me, is that I follow a personal policy (sic) of only buying insurance where I can read and understand the policy document, i.e it's in english. Linea Directa gave me a reasonable quote last year, but weren't able to provide me an english policy document to read first (despite advertising they do so), so I went somewhere else.

Last edited by CapnBilly; Oct 4th 2012 at 2:06 pm. Reason: typo
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:11 pm
Banned

Catalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of light

I have been with intasure for about 5 years-at the time i took out a policy they were streets ahead of others.Policies are in English and they understand clearly nature of holiday home usage.They have set up a portal in recent times which enables one to view policies,make claims online etc.online.However,I have never made a claim,and I think an insurance company is really only tested when you make a claim,but I would certainly prefer to deal with them than a Spanish company.Somebody with a number of different policies with a Spanish company might get a reasonable deal,however,on home insurance,but very important to make clear nature of usage
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catalonian
I have been with intasure for about 5 years-at the time i took out a policy they were streets ahead of others.Policies are in English and they understand clearly nature of holiday home usage.They have set up a portal in recent times which enables one to view policies,make claims online etc.online.However,I have never made a claim,and I think an insurance company is really only tested when you make a claim,but I would certainly prefer to deal with them than a Spanish company.Somebody with a number of different policies with a Spanish company might get a reasonable deal,however,on home insurance,but very important to make clear nature of usage
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

I have just insured my spanish house with intasure, ,I chose them because the policy is in English & seeing as England is where I live figured that if anything went wrong would rather be ringing a UK number & dealing with it from this end as I would most likely be in UK. Also th policy is e-mailed to you and you are given a password so you can access it wherever you are if anything happens
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

I wouldn't use Linea Directa, there is an awful lot they won't pay out on. We had a terrible leak which caused a lot of damage. They said we hadn't had enough rain!!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cazzy1
I wouldn't use Linea Directa, there is an awful lot they won't pay out on. We had a terrible leak which caused a lot of damage. They said we hadn't had enough rain!!
Unfortunately "not enough rain" is a stock phrase used by most insurance companies in Spain. Not only Linea Directa.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by big wheels
Unfortunately "not enough rain" is a stock phrase used by most insurance companies in Spain. Not only Linea Directa.

W e now have a policy that states it covers rain damage, regardless of how much.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Earlier this year (Feb 4th) we had a bit of wind and locally there was much wind damage, roofs, walls, trees etc.
As half my roof was missing it was time for a claim, so down the track I went to the brokers for a claim form, noting as I passed other houses with similar damage. At the brokers I was told that the Insurance company would send someone to assess the damage and if deemed allowable they would arrange repair, no excess, nothing. My flabber had never been so gasted.
Came next day, and within the week chaps appeared and repaired the lot, except the tree !
Neighbours with similar damage were turned down over the phone by LD as there had not been enough wind.
I am insured with Liberty - usual disclaimers.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:13 am
Just Joined

toulousepaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - we also looked at www.insuremyvilla.com who do homes in Spain
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:23 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toulousepaul
Hi - we also looked at www.insuremyvilla.com who do homes in Spain
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary