Updating NIEs

Old Oct 4th 2012, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Updating NIEs

I read somewhere that the very old handwritten NIEs are no acceptable - and yesterday a neighbour was told by a car dealer that he could not register their new car at traffico with the old version.

As I too have the old version..............

So - assume this is a requirement - does anybody know the process? Is there a form for updating as against initial application/cost/usual offices ??

Thanks.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 12:33 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updating NIEs

I was not aware there was a hand written version, but see no reason why this would not be acceptable. My NIE certificate is 11 years old and no requirement to update.

You may be getting confused with the "padron" certificate, this has to be no older than 6 months for car registration at Traffico.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Missile - Thanks for replying - No I am not getting confused with the padron.

When I arrived in 2000, NIEs were issued on a preprinted yellow form with the details hand-written.

Now of course they are computer produced and the NIE/residencia is one integrated process for those registering for residency.

I have now had it clarified to me by professional sources that it is true the old handwritten form cannot be produced as proof of NIE for official business.

But as the green residencia form (or the now reintroduced card) includes NIE that is taken as proof of NIE - so if persons holding the old yellow from hold a current valid residencia that acts as NIE.

If non-residents (as was the case in my original post regarding some neighbours) only have the old yellow NIE form they will need to update it with a modern computer produced version. Or if they plan to become full time residents and apply for residencia it will be included.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 1:39 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
I was not aware there was a hand written version, but see no reason why this would not be acceptable. My NIE certificate is 11 years old and no requirement to update.

You may be getting confused with the "padron" certificate, this has to be no older than 6 months for car registration at Traffico.

I think that you'll find it's 3 months