Hottest Summer

Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:13 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hottest Summer

Hi All,

My neighbours were at their Spanish class the other day disgussing the weather in general. Their teacher has told them it has been in the papers that this summer is going to be one of the hottest ever. Anyway I would like to know what sort of temperatures to expect???? I thought it was hot enough last year and its bloomin hard work when you have to work in it. Not that I`m complaining, I just need time to get my head round it lol.

Sam
Old Jan 31st 2007, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hottest Summer

Expect the reason for these unusually high temperatures is all down to global warming!! Would think you can expect around 40 degrees if it materialises. Time to stay in the house with the air-conditioning on!!
Old Jan 31st 2007, 3:58 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi All,

My neighbours were at their Spanish class the other day disgussing the weather in general. Their teacher has told them it has been in the papers that this summer is going to be one of the hottest ever. Anyway I would like to know what sort of temperatures to expect???? I thought it was hot enough last year and its bloomin hard work when you have to work in it. Not that I`m complaining, I just need time to get my head round it lol.

Sam

I've been in Spain for 10 years now and every year they predict the hottest ever. It's nonsense.

Last year was thankfully fine compared to 2004 and about 2 weeks in 2005. 2001, 2002 & 2003 were fine but 2000 was a bit hot. Who knows what this year holds.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 3:59 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Expect the reason for these unusually high temperatures is all down to global warming!! Would think you can expect around 40 degrees if it materialises. Time to stay in the house with the air-conditioning on!!
A friend of mine was googling trying to find out some information and whether it was true what was in the papers this is what they found -

Spanish meteorologists predict that this year is likely to be the warmest year on record in Spain, just as it is likely to be the warmest year recorded in Britain (where temperature records go back to 1659). Globally, 2006 is likely to be the sixth warmest year in a record going back the mid-19th century.

So yep I will be indoors as much as possible with the aircon on.

Sam
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:09 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
A friend of mine was googling trying to find out some information and whether it was true what was in the papers this is what they found -

Spanish meteorologists predict that this year is likely to be the warmest year on record in Spain, just as it is likely to be the warmest year recorded in Britain (where temperature records go back to 1659). Globally, 2006 is likely to be the sixth warmest year in a record going back the mid-19th century.
So yep I will be indoors as much as possible with the aircon on.

Sam

This is a oldish thread but this made me laugh !

they are` referring to a 2 week bit of sun ! and the rest of it from what i remember was just warm and muggy with a hazey sky . Not what i call a summer ...

I watched the DVD on Global warming and it was definately a eye opener ..

A few bits from it i do feel worth mentioning ;
1. As we all know in the UK we tend to have the warm wet air coming in from west to east in like a circle motion , constantly going across the UK then dropping back down over Europe and returning minus the water of course thats fallen by the time its met back up with the Atlantic flow..

well the documentary clearly showed the Global warming effect and Computers did predictions as to the effects year on year as viewed by satellite ! This depressingly showed that whilst Global warming is making the Earth Warmer and we assumed this equates to more Sunshine !! Yippee we in Britain thought ! WRONG how dissapointing to see what the prediction showed was a larger cloud mass (obvious considering more heat = more evaporation ) following a slightly lower trajectory so rather than Scotland getting the most of the rains , which they dont mind as they wear kilts anyways so just take there socks off ! , In the future the whole of the UK is set to get Clouds and rain and more rain in a muggy humid heat !!

Depressing or what ?

2. Due to this extra rain and clouds and humidity , will follow a higher influx and breeding of Mossies and all them horrible creepy things ! As the winters will be wetter and mild Not killing them ..

3. The present sea side towns will be even deader than ever if thats possible ? as even less take uk seaside holidays..

4. Floodings in low level ground will no doubt take place .

5. Good News for Spain as i noticed only a slight increase in clouds only meaning a little more rain ! Which will no doubt be good to help water reserves etc...

Just 1 more plus in the get away to Spain yes or no book ..
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it's not going to be hotter than last summer.

In Seville last July the temperature showing up on the street signs at 9:30 in the evening was 42 degs. I don't know what temp they were showing during the day as nobody was mad enough to go outside and look
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:37 am
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by big wheels
I hope it's not going to be hotter than last summer.

In Seville last July the temperature showing up on the street signs at 9:30 in the evening was 42 degs. I don't know what temp they were showing during the day as nobody was mad enough to go outside and look
But thats normal in Sevilla. I have been here for 12 years and every year is going to be the hottest ever! I didnt personally think it was that hot last year! I reckon they mean it will be warmer for longer - and this winter has been cold and wet!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:47 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rixxy
But thats normal in Sevilla. I have been here for 12 years and every year is going to be the hottest ever! I didnt personally think it was that hot last year! I reckon they mean it will be warmer for longer - and this winter has been cold and wet!
True, I think the hottest here was about three years ago, but maybe I did too much work then. ;-)
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:36 am
Just Joined

scotty74 is an unknown quantity at this point

following a slightly lower trajectory so rather than Scotland getting the most of the rains , which they dont mind as they wear kilts anyways so just take there socks off !
more rain will drown all the haggis though and we'll starve
Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:52 am
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scotty74
more rain will drown all the haggis though and we'll starve
They deserve it! NO MORE RAIN please
Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:00 am
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rixxy
They deserve it! NO MORE RAIN please
I think we brought the rain spent 2 years in Munich before moving to Madrid and the first summer it rained every single F****** weekend, drove us mad as we were in temporary housing at the time, we move her just in time for one of the wetests winters Madrid has ever seen, no one can remember the last time they've had two weeks of rain, unheard of here. On the plus things are bit greener, nice change from the unrelenting brown everywhere