Reload this Page >

More new members looking for advice ??? HELP

More new members looking for advice ??? HELP

Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Geddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile More new members looking for advice ??? HELP

Hi,

We are Gerard and Sandra, (47 and 45) and this is our first post, so please be gentle with us.

Have been reading the site for several months, and think it is fantastic how people who have made the move are there to offer advice to the nervous novice. We now find that we have more questions than when we started, so no doubt there will be many more posts to follow, so here goes with number 1

Looking for a villa to rent in Javea / Oliva area late May for about 3 weeks. Sandra is in a wheelchair so need level access. Would like to be in a residential area, as we would like to get a feel for life on the CB (not as tourists). Hoping to move out later in the year. Where do we start, with an agent?

Thanks

Gerard & Sandra
Old Feb 19th 2007, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More new members looking for advice ??? HELP

Originally Posted by Geddy
Hi,

We are Gerard and Sandra, (47 and 45) and this is our first post, so please be gentle with us.

Have been reading the site for several months, and think it is fantastic how people who have made the move are there to offer advice to the nervous novice. We now find that we have more questions than when we started, so no doubt there will be many more posts to follow, so here goes with number 1

Looking for a villa to rent in Javea / Oliva area late May for about 3 weeks. Sandra is in a wheelchair so need level access. Would like to be in a residential area, as we would like to get a feel for life on the CB (not as tourists). Hoping to move out later in the year. Where do we start, with an agent?

Thanks

Gerard & Sandra
have a look in the http://www.costablanca-news.com/ you will probably get a better deal and avoid agents comission
Old Feb 19th 2007, 5:15 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi

Not in your area but just thought I would say welcome to BE no need to tell you if you have been watching us for a while you will no dought get all the help you need here. Hope you find what you are looking for and you enjoy getting to know the area where you want to live.

Regards
Crispygirl
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:57 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks

Gerard & Sandra
Hi Gerard and Sandra!

The Costa Blanca News online is a great place to look as the previous poster suggested.

There is also the Owners Direct website where you can find accommodation and negotiate directly with the owners for the 3 week period that you will be visiting. Remember to ask for a discount as May is early on in the season and 3 weeks is a substantial amount of time.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/javea.htm

Wishing you luck and if there is anything else I can be of help with, please don't hesitate to ask. I know being in a wheelchair can be tricky business
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Impish will become famous soon enoughMr Impish will become famous soon enough

Hello and welcome.
The best advice I can give you is, come out for 3 weeks and look for an area you like and find a rental. Then rent that place for 3 months and have a good look round. Make sure that’s where you want to live for the next 10 years! If you dont like your chosen area then use the time to find another area. Then rent in that area for a further 3 months as well if you can. I know renting might seem like a mugs game but, you will lose more than 6 months rent if you buy in the wrong area and have to move. I would'nt make a decision based on 3 weeks in an area but I've always been a very cautious soul!
Many people have found a place on a 2 week holiday and been very happy there. Whichever way you do it I hope it works for you.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks

Gerard & Sandra

Welcome to BE, one thing is that the coastal areas, although some of them are very touristy, are also, in the main flat, but one other thing is that there are places to hire electric wheelchairs, buggies from to enable her to get around, and with the generally very good weather they can be used all the year round. If you did decide to move out there are also places where these can be bought and they are very reasonable, bringing one out from the Uk is also a good option as I'm not too sure how you get the VAT free discount over here, but I know you can get it in the UK. Around my area they have just improved the beach access and it is now very wheelchair friendly. As has been suggested, look at some of the online papers for the area, and read the small ads.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Geddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Welcome to BE, one thing is that the coastal areas, although some of them are very touristy, are also, in the main flat, but one other thing is that there are places to hire electric wheelchairs, buggies from to enable her to get around, and with the generally very good weather they can be used all the year round. If you did decide to move out there are also places where these can be bought and they are very reasonable, bringing one out from the Uk is also a good option as I'm not too sure how you get the VAT free discount over here, but I know you can get it in the UK. Around my area they have just improved the beach access and it is now very wheelchair friendly. As has been suggested, look at some of the online papers for the area, and read the small ads.
Thanks to all for the useful info. Found several viilas so far, and are now checking availability.

We will be coming over in late may for 3 weeks so that we can find a long term let for later this year.

gerard
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:16 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We're in Oliva and theres an agent in the town with a full window of rentals around here. If you want the number let me know and I will pop down and get a card for you. Many of them are annual rentals but holiday lets also. Can also give you the name of a local on line agent who has rental properties