Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hotel booking software

Hotel booking software

Old Oct 17th 2013, 1:29 pm
Old hand

Larana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hotel booking software

Looking ahead a bit, I want to find out more about using hotel booking software, or rather, the booking of a villa.

It would aid me greatly if I had a website into which was embedded some software that could handle bookings, take payments etc. However, a quick web search turns up many programs that appear to offer something useful, but I think I would prefer something that came from recommendation.

Anyone here use similar software to control bookings for a property abroad, please?

Thx

Larana
Old Oct 17th 2013, 3:50 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotel booking software

the simplest way is to not worry about the software unless you have a large number of properties to let - just find yourself a slot on one of the online booking sites and sit back and wait for the bookings to roll in.

a friend of mine in Romania uses holidaylettings.co.uk to advertise his second property - the house next door to his retirement home.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 4:26 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I am confused, are you asking for hotel or a whole let property management package?
What do you want it to do and how much are you willing to pay for this?
Old Oct 17th 2013, 4:41 pm
Old hand

Not sure, but Domino's answer looks like it could provide a simple answer.

I wanted something that I could administer from anywhere I logged in.

Just to manage bookings, take payments, send automated messages to staff in order for them to arrange cleaning/takeover duties, make sure keys are in the correct place etc.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 5:12 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to have your answer, but I do not think any listing website will do all the things you have in your wish list.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:47 am
Old hand

I think I agree with you.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:08 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larana
I think I agree with you.
There are many such companies offering this service. Perhaps the best known (highest on search engines etc.) is http://homeaway.co.uk another is http://www.rentalsystems.com/

Some are free and some have fees - just choose what's best for you.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

It might be useful to find a local person you can trust to hold keys, manage changeovers, arrange cleaning and to give you feedback on the state of your property. A young person with initiative, perhaps keen to practice their English, would not cost very much.

With a management company you would be one of many clients and would never know whose interests it is really looking after.