Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hondón de las Nieves at Christmas

Hondón de las Nieves at Christmas

Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hondón de las Nieves at Christmas

If anyone is in Hondón de las Nieves, make sure you pop into the Ayuntamiento and pick up a copy of the programme of activities for the Christmas holidays.

There is an absolute ton of stuff on from Carols and the Christmas lights on the 22nd, food tasting in La Canalosa, Plays, Concerts, Children's activities, Youth workshops, Music, Dance for Senior Citizens - and I'm particularly looking forward to finding out what the 'Gran Chocolatada' ("Big Chocolate Event") is going to entail on Jan 3rd!!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 1:11 pm
Yorkshire and Hondon

GILBEY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hondón de las Nieves at Christmas

Stop making me jealous! It sounds wonderful!

We are still waiting to complete and have just found out there was holiday available from work had we had the villa for Christmas. Never mind - we will let you suss it out for this year and then come out for next christmas and draw on your experience. We should hopefully be neighbours by then!
Old Dec 21st 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

my thoughts exactly Gilbey, you enjoy Twyntub and tell us all about it then we know what we can expect next year!!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Satbeginner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Twyntub,

We are new to this forum, and this is probable off-topic as well, but how is it: living in Hondon de las Nieves?

We are thinking of buying a property in Hondon, but to be honest: we are scared now by your post about the PGOU.
I would have replied there, but that thread is closed.

Can you give an up-to-date status about those plans?
We managed to find the plans on the Hondon Ayuntamiento website, they ware almost hidden, I would say, but finding them does not really help. (>600 pages! en Espanol, claro)

The property we are looking at is north of the blue part in the middle of the B1-2.pdf-map, and south-east of the projected new urbanization, and marked as ER?
(ER = Edificiable Rural?) Also it is over 10.000 m2.

Does that we mean we are save, or do we still have to pay because of the future "development"??

We hope you can inform / help us.

Leo / Louisa
Old Oct 31st 2008, 9:25 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Satbeginner
...we are scared now by your post about the PGOU...
Scared !!! Try to remember that 80% of what you hear, see or read is made up, or regurgitated or rumour. No-one ex-pat is an expert - try to get a a variety of views and do some of your own research, get a good agent (or three)... take your time and ask pertinent questions - and then make your OWN mind up.

(why not start a thread about living Hondon - there is one if you use the search topic box at the top of this page)

..NOW BACK TO XMAS !!!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 7:10 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
Scared !!! Try to remember that 80% of what you hear, see or read is made up, or regurgitated or rumour. No-one ex-pat is an expert - try to get a a variety of views and do some of your own research, get a good agent (or three)... take your time and ask pertinent questions - and then make your OWN mind up.

(why not start a thread about living Hondon - there is one if you use the search topic box at the top of this page)

..NOW BACK TO XMAS !!!
don't you dare - it's only just November
Old Nov 1st 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
don't you dare - it's only just November
I was shocked to see lots of shops in the Denia area displaying Christmas goods, as I was under the naive impression that Spain was not like the UK in that respect.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

shellou will become famous soon enough

I live near Denia and xmas here is nothing compared to the commercial hype in the UK.
Its only in the past few years that you have been able to get much xmas stuff at all...let alone in October. I would hazard a guess that its because of what we brits and germans/dutch etc want!

My spanish friends looked at me like I was mad when I even dared to discuss last week where we were thinking of spending xmas day.....!

Im afraid things are changing, I just hope it doesnt change toooooo much!
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:58 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
I was shocked to see lots of shops in the Denia area displaying Christmas goods, as I was under the naive impression that Spain was not like the UK in that respect.
our first Christmas here it was virtually impossible to get anything remotely xmassy before mid-december, and decent christmas cards just didn't exist outside the English shops

on Friday I was out getting a few halloween bits for dd2 & the bazaars & other shops were all full of xmas stuff - which horrified me - I'm sure it didn't start quite so early last year

This is such a cosmopolitan area that I suppose they are just supplying a demand - a shame in some respects since it starts so early, but at least you can now buy good cards & decorations at reasonable prices in the papelerias & chinese bazaars, rather than pay the rip off prices in the english shops
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:32 am
aspeangel

El Corte Ingles in Elche has their Christmas shop area open now and starting to take orders on their cestas de navidad, last week in October!
Carrefour etc have just moved all their shelves to make way for all the toys!
I think its definitely gotten earlier and earlier each year in the 5 christmases we have been here, I remember the first year not being able to find anything Christmasy til december or anything for halloween back then either (easter eggs were also much more scarse) it all changes sooooo quickly.
Happy Christmas everyone!

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

It´s agreed then that it is getting earlier each year, just like the UK.

I have to admit to being tempted by the lovely displays in Casa but would not buy anything as a matter of principle.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:26 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

It´s agreed then that it is getting earlier each year, just like the UK.

I have to admit to being tempted by the lovely displays in Casa but would not buy anything as a matter of principle.
I won't either

I refuse to even consider the C word until after my birthday

the girls have been doing their wish lists for weeks now though - but since they change daily and usually continue to do so up to the last minute - I'm off the hook for quite a few more weeks yet
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I won't either

I refuse to even consider the C word until after my birthday

the girls have been doing their wish lists for weeks now though - but since they change daily and usually continue to do so up to the last minute - I'm off the hook for quite a few more weeks yet
Me too - even when the kids were little I refused to discuss Christmas until December. Although leaving it til after my birthday would be a bit mean, seeing as I was born on 21 December!!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:59 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Me too - even when the kids were little I refused to discuss Christmas until December. Although leaving it til after my birthday would be a bit mean, seeing as I was born on 21 December!!
yeah that might be a bit difficult

I get a whole month

did you used to get 'joint' xmas & birthday pressies as a kid?

I did - I hated it:curse:
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

We don't live in Hondón nor a touristity area but sure as eggs is eggs Christmas has arrived in Sevilla, Hypecor had a whole section of decorations and the spanish were buying as were they in the toy sections,trolleys obviously loaded with turon etc also. They spend such an horrendous amount at this time of year they don't spend a penny again and are saving hard till Semana Santa.