Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Holiday apartment

Holiday apartment

Old Apr 16th 2016, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Darvell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holiday apartment

hi could anyone recommend the best places to buy a holiday apartment in South Costa Blanca. On a complex with communal pool and amenities within about 3-5k from the coast. I've been looking at Villamartin, is that good? Thanks

Last edited by Darvell; Apr 16th 2016 at 6:34 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2016, 5:33 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday apartment

Originally Posted by Darvell
hi could anyone recommend the best places for a holiday apartment in South Costa Blanca. On a complex with communal pool and amenities within about 3-5k from the coast. I've been looking at Villamartin, is that good? Thanks
Have you taken a look at the myriad of web sites covering just this topic?

Try HomeAway or Owners Direct to name but two.
Old Apr 16th 2016, 6:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

hi could anyone recommend the best places for a holiday apartment in South Costa Blanca. On a complex with communal pool and amenities within about 3-5k from the coast. I've been looking at Villamartin, is that good? Thanks
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 16th 2016, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Have you taken a look at the myriad of web sites covering just this topic?

Try HomeAway or Owners Direct to name but two.
Thanks for the info I look at a few, we are going over in May to take a look
Old Apr 16th 2016, 6:49 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info I look at a few, we are going over in May to take a look
Perhaps I was a little abrupt - sorry.

I also misread your original post, I thought you wanted to rent and not buy.

Have you tried Kyero. This really is just a portal that many agents use but it would give you some idea.

Many businesses in Spain simply don't do technology - they want to talk to you face-to-face. Perhaps it's a Mediterranean thing?

Why not plan a little holiday and see which areas take your fancy.
Old Apr 16th 2016, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Perhaps I was a little abrupt - sorry.

I also misread your original post, I thought you wanted to rent and not buy.

Have you tried Kyero. This really is just a portal that many agents use but it would give you some idea.

Many businesses in Spain simply don't do technology - they want to talk to you face-to-face. Perhaps it's a Mediterranean thing?

Why not plan a little holiday and see which areas take your fancy.
No worries thanks we are going to Spain in May to have a look around
Old Apr 17th 2016, 2:34 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You could do a lot worse than Villa Martin. There is a variety of houses at reasonable prices - good access to Alicante and Murcia airports with many pubs, cafes, restaurants, shops and close to the beach. Many Brits choose to live there.
Old Apr 17th 2016, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for the information I will look at Villamartin
Old Apr 17th 2016, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

Darvell, you're buying a holiday apartment not a garden shed. The experience is going to blow a hole in your savings even if your name is Trump, O'Leary or Cameron. You have got to size up the situation.
1. Can you afford to pay another mortgage or give up a very large amount of dosh?
2. If you are renting the apartment can you do it all year round?
3. Do you think you can somebody reliable to look after the place while you are in the UK?
4. Are you giving the place out to real estate agents to rent?
5. Maintenance, utilities are not cheap in Spain.
6. Don't forget apartment complex fees.
7. Ensure you can re-sell if necessary.
8. Write down the plus points of wherever you are buying.
9. Write down the weaknesses of wherever you are buying.
10. What if the UK exits the EU?

Do not make any fast decisions. Take your time. Visit whatever area you think suits you and rent there for a few weeks in the off-season.
Old Apr 17th 2016, 7:00 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
You could do a lot worse than Villa Martin. There is a variety of houses at reasonable prices - good access to Alicante and Murcia airports with many pubs, cafes, restaurants, shops and close to the beach. Many Brits choose to live there.
Villamartin is OK for a holiday place, but would never suggest living there.
Old Apr 17th 2016, 7:59 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Villamartin is OK for a holiday place, but would never suggest living there.
Many do. What do you have against the place?
Old Apr 17th 2016, 8:03 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Many do. What do you have against the place?
It's dead in many areas, so many holiday homes, we lived there for a while, and in the block of 15 apartments there were just two occupied.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 6:32 am
Just Joined

I have noticed there are a lot for sale there, it will only be a holiday place. Thanks for the info
Old Apr 18th 2016, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Leper I am aware of the points, my family have owned properties before thank you