Hola

Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:55 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hola

Originally Posted by JLFS
would you be looking for opinions as to what it might be?

'
I'd imagine there are a number of BE members, past & present, who already have some names for me.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 2:31 am
Just Joined

amja is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there gemma, i am living in vitoria which is near bilbao, my husband and two children 7 and 3 years old moved 2 years ago for my husbands job and we are here a minimum of 3 years and like you are pretty homesick...we moved from hertfordshire and there have been real ups and downs mostly as i didnt know any spanish and there are no english stay at home mothers here which makes it quite tricky.....its certainly not like southern spain here but its a beautiful city and a great place for children. it was hard settling my daughter into school my son is now full time at the same school where they are taught in english in the mornings and spanish and basque in the afternoons.....it took my daughter a while to settle in crying all the time wanting to go back to england but now i have to say she has lots of friends her spanish is really coming along and she seems happy here...i have been to madrid a few times my friend has just moved to germany from there and i know she met lots of english people through the school..and ended up loving living there.....there seems to be a big expat community there......i have met an english aupair and an american mother whom i meet with once a week......i always feel a lot better after having a good gossip in english....2 years should hopefully go by quicker than you think especially with a new baby....for me i miss being able to chat to the other mothers about how the children are getting on which is making me really homesick and we are thinking about heading back when and if my husband can get a job but there are definately things i will miss here...would be great to hear from you and exchange views!

Emma
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gemma
Madrid is lovely. A mix of big city life and Spanish relaxation. I visit 2 or three times a year. Try the Metro whenever you can instead of driving. It's fast and efficient and the steps will do you good...even pregnant! Not so good for us when we have heavily stuffed suitcases!
Still deciding whether to drive, fly or take the Ave when we visit (for the Miniatures fair) next weekend.
We find the driving challenging too, and my husband has bought a Sat nav with the highlighted lanes to make it easier. We also find parking very expensive.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 5:21 am
Just Joined

coldmountain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am also new here, I had a baby last year in Spain and found the whole experience very different to the UK but very good...We have never been to Madrid! Though looking forward to a visit next year...
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 5:28 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coldmountain
Hi

I am also new here, I had a baby last year in Spain and found the whole experience very different to the UK but very good...We have never been to Madrid! Though looking forward to a visit next year...
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham