HMRC query

Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:27 am
Just Joined

SpacemanP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HMRC query

Hello All,

I am 32 years of age and later this year am planning a move to Spain to be with my Spanish girlfriend and start a potential new life out there.

Now the thing I do not understand one bit is what am I supposed to do with regards to informing/notifying HMRC??? There is no straight forward contact for them in which I could ask them how I should deal with them regards to my plans.

Obviously when I move to Spain, I don't want to be paying TAX to the UK government when I am going to be trying to find work in Spain and paying into their system.

any help from fellow Expats who have made this move yourselves would be of upmost help.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HMRC query

Originally Posted by SpacemanP
Now the thing I do not understand one bit is what am I supposed to do with regards to informing/notifying HMRC??? There is no straight forward contact for them in which I could ask them how I should deal with them regards to my plans.
Simply fill in a P85 form - https://www.gov.uk/tax-right-retire-abroad-return-to-uk

HTH, good luck with the move.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Thank you
Old Feb 6th 2018, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

ned flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond repute

Will you be looking for a job as an astronaut ?
Old Feb 6th 2018, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

No... worse... a teacher!!!
Old Feb 9th 2018, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpacemanP
Hello All,

I am 32 years of age and later this year am planning a move to Spain to be with my Spanish girlfriend and start a potential new life out there.

Obviously when I move to Spain, I don't want to be paying TAX to the UK government when I am going to be trying to find work in Spain and paying into their system.

any help from fellow Expats who have made this move yourselves would be of upmost help.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-tax-right-p85