Hiya!

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:26 pm
Banned

bigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nice
Default Hiya!

Hiya!

I'm Claire and me and my boyfriend are moving to Ayamonte in 2 weeks time and am due in Oct so exciting times ahead! Am also looking to make some friends on here (I also had a question about putting stuff in storage which have put on the general forum but no one has answered yet?!)

Hope to speak to you all a lot over the coming weeks, months and years!!

Claire xxx
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hiya!

Originally Posted by bigknickersclaire
Hiya!

I'm Claire and me and my boyfriend are moving to Ayamonte in 2 weeks time and am due in Oct so exciting times ahead! Am also looking to make some friends on here (I also had a question about putting stuff in storage which have put on the general forum but no one has answered yet?!)

Hope to speak to you all a lot over the coming weeks, months and years!!

Claire xxx
A VERY WARM WELCOME TO THE AYAMONTE THREAD.

Have you been visiting Ayamonte for long? Which part of Town are you going to live in? Do you speak Spanish? Are you up to date on the paperwork. I only ask these questions since from October you are going to have your hands full!

Best Regards John & Kath.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:41 pm
Banned

bigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nicebigknickersclaire is just really nice
Default Re: Hiya!

Originally Posted by John & Kath
A VERY WARM WELCOME TO THE AYAMONTE THREAD.

Have you been visiting Ayamonte for long? Which part of Town are you going to live in? Do you speak Spanish? Are you up to date on the paperwork. I only ask these questions since from October you are going to have your hands full!

Best Regards John & Kath.
THANKS A LOT! SOMEONE AT LAST! Was thinking I was just talking to myself there (blam being preggers and a few glasses of red!) We've been going there every year for the last 5 years (when we started going out together) and are going to just outside the centre. No we only know pidgeon Spanish but will try and learn! We understand there is a residence permit or something you have to have but aren't really sure to be honest how long this takes to process. And while I'm at it what are Spanish hospitals like?!

Thanks again!!

Claire xx
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

THANKS A LOT! SOMEONE AT LAST! Was thinking I was just talking to myself there (blam being preggers and a few glasses of red!) We've been going there every year for the last 5 years (when we started going out together) and are going to just outside the centre. No we only know pidgeon Spanish but will try and learn! We understand there is a residence permit or something you have to have but aren't really sure to be honest how long this takes to process. And while I'm at it what are Spanish hospitals like?!

Thanks again!!

Claire xx
Oh my god Claire you do seem to have left it all a bit late. From what I am told by 2 ladies who should know (one just delivered and one due about June) the care is good but you will need to be registered with a doctor here to start with. To do that you will need to get an SI from Newcastle to bring with you. You might start with your EHIC card but that will not suffice if you are staying and you want to have recipricol care here. Yes you will need to have a residence certificate if you stay more than 3 months but don't worry too much about that they are giving appointments for September if you can make contact!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:56 pm
Banned

Oh my god Claire you do seem to have left it all a bit late. From what I am told by 2 ladies who should know (one just delivered and one due about June) the care is good but you will need to be registered with a doctor here to start with. To do that you will need to get an SI from Newcastle to bring with you. You might start with your EHIC card but that will not suffice if you are staying and you want to have recipricol care here. Yes you will need to have a residence certificate if you stay more than 3 months but don't worry too much about that they are giving appointments for September if you can make contact!!!
Yes I know - that's the main reason why I wanted to join because the information we've been given is a bit up in the air if you know what I mean! Are those ladies on British Expats as members (just wondering because they might be able to give me more info?) Can I ask what an SI is? Yes we both have EHIC cards and surely these are valid throughout Europe and we'd only need to get a health card there? (issued by the local authority?) Sorry am just a bit overwhelmed at the moment!!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes I know - that's the main reason why I wanted to join because the information we've been given is a bit up in the air if you know what I mean! Are those ladies on British Expats as members (just wondering because they might be able to give me more info?) Can I ask what an SI is? Yes we both have EHIC cards and surely these are valid throughout Europe and we'd only need to get a health card there? (issued by the local authority?) Sorry am just a bit overwhelmed at the moment!!
Sorry it is S1 not SI it is the form from Newcastle that allows you to have the right to care in Spain if you do not have it you cannot start the registration process. The EHIC cards are only intended for holiday and temporary care.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:10 pm
Banned

Sorry it is S1 not SI it is the form from Newcastle that allows you to have the right to care in Spain if you do not have it you cannot start the registration process. The EHIC cards are only intended for holiday and temporary care.
Are there any useful Internet links about this S1 thing?

Sorry for sounding blonde and thanks a lot again xxx
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are there any useful Internet links about this S1 thing?

Sorry for sounding blonde and thanks a lot again xxx
Google is your friend.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Try

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...althcare/e106/
Old Feb 24th 2011, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

hi and welcome,

you will need to show your EHIC card when you first go to register for a Doctor. At the health centre, near Supersol used to be Eroski,They will not even give you the forms to complete before they see this.

You will need to show original and have photocopies of passport, EHIC card, NIE, And Ayamonte residence paper from townhall.
It took us 3 visits to get this sorted and they will not do photocopies for you.
Take someone with you who speaks good Spanish.
Jur who writes on the forum does a translation service.

Your nearest hospital at the moment would be Huelva. My friend had her baby there last year and said everything was ok.

Hope everything goes well for you.
Sue
Old Feb 24th 2011, 4:20 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on the pregnancy! You are due when?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 5:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Jur
Congratulations on the pregnancy! You are due when?
Thanks! Sorry for the really late reply - haven't been on here for a few weeks because have been so busy (even though am still in England - ridiculous isn't it?!) but am due in October!!

Any of you guys on Facebook and want to add me?

I need friends!!!

Claire xxx