Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Historic moment: EU Referendum

Historic moment: EU Referendum

Old Jul 30th 2016, 9:19 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Historic moment: EU Referendum

Originally Posted by amideislas
Here is an undeniable truth:

Without immigration at the forefront, the vote would have gone to remain. Full stop. You can't argue against that.

Dismissing the "sovereignty" rhetoric, while focusing on immigration, it likely would have still resulted in a leave vote. By the way, there is not and never was any imminent crisis of democracy or sovereignty, so that argument is equally a false premise.

Stopping immigration, particularly the Muslim type, was forefront to the vote. If you want me to again reprint the rhetoric, I will. But that's been wayyy overdone now.
So says Ami without a single scrap of evidence to show that was the case.

Not one of the groups advocating Leave ever mentioned or proposed "Stopping immigration" as you imply.

Indeed they simply asked that would be immigrants from countries outside the EU should be given equal consideration to those belonging to it, in order to get the best for the country and religion was never considered or mentioned as being a contributory factor in that proposal, except of course in the minds of those desperate to cast a slur on the Leave campaign.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 9:27 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Dick, you, the express addict, of all people should know this better than anyone. I always said that after the fact, the leavers would deny it all. It seems I was right about that too.

I (amongst others) have offered the indisputable evidence of this ad-nauseum. I can't be bothered to regurgitate it again.

Go home. Get some sleep.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

newpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
So says Ami without a single scrap of evidence to show that was the case.

Not one of the groups advocating Leave ever mentioned or proposed "Stopping immigration" as you imply.

Indeed they simply asked that would be immigrants from countries outside the EU should be given equal consideration to those belonging to it, in order to get the best for the country and religion was never considered or mentioned as being a contributory factor in that proposal, except of course in the minds of those desperate to cast a slur on the Leave campaign.
What world do you live in?
So sad that the bigots have had their day.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 9:56 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Dick, you, the express addict, of all people should know this better than anyone. I always said that after the fact, the leavers would deny it all. It seems I was right about that too.

I (amongst others) have offered the indisputable evidence of this ad-nauseum. I can't be bothered to regurgitate it again.

Go home. Get some sleep.

Indisputable evidence.

Not one single scrap of evidence have you provided that any of the Leave groups ever mentioned or proposed " Stopping Immigration" as you claim.

On the contrary they did propose granting equal immigration rights to citizens from all countries, rather than having those outside the EU classed as second or third class citizens as is the case under present EU policy.

Your attempted slur campaign failed miserably, as did the unfounded Project Fear.
Most people could see straight through it.
You lost, get over it.

There is absolutely no point in trying to resurrect it or bring it back from the dead now, except possibly sour grapes, but I can't for one moment believe that would be the case.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

newpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond repute

Indisputable evidence.

Not one single scrap of evidence have you provided that any of the Leave groups ever mentioned or proposed " Stopping Immigration" as you claim.

On the contrary they did propose granting equal immigration rights to citizens from all countries, rather than having those outside the EU classed as second or third class citizens as is the case under present EU policy.

Your attempted slur campaign failed miserably, as did the unfounded Project Fear.
Most people could see straight through it.
You lost, get over it.

There is absolutely no point in trying to resurrect it or bring it back from the dead now, except possibly sour grapes, but I can't for one moment believe that would be the case.
So you read the Mail, we understand how you dont want to listen to any other opinion.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 11:34 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by newpower
So you read the Mail, we understand how you dont want to listen to any other opinion.
I am happy to listen to all opinions as the array of my recent links from left, right and centre will confirm.

However if opinions like your own and Ami's don't have a scrap of credible evidence to back them up, then please pardon me if I'm I inclined to dismiss them as irrelevant.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I am happy to listen to all opinions as the array of my recent links from left, right and centre will confirm.

However if opinions like your own and Ami's don't have a scrap of credible evidence to back them up, then please pardon me if I'm I inclined to dismiss them as irrelevant.
Dick whilst yes the actual out campaign re imigration was pretty much as you say based upon the fact that freedom of movement in the EU allowed basically any EU passport holder into the uk it discriminated against those from outside the EU and they allegedly wanted a simple points based system for all. But what about the extreme morons from the out side who after the result used that to tell imigrants they were no longer welcome and should leave the country? My guess is these same people would have voted out wanting all imigrants out. Let's be honest unfortunately there were some right wing factions within the UK, likes of BNP, English Defence League types that attached their vote and views to the out campaign. I am not saying all out voters or campaigners Fall into this category by any means but certainly some do.The problem now is to carry out the wishes of the voting majority but in a fair civilised manner hopefully to the benefit of all in the country and taking into account that there were 48% wishing to stay with the EU. No easy task for any government.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 9:48 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

The bigger they come, the harder they fall.

I think you might do yourself a favour by setting your expectations a bit lower. The emerging facts in all of this are not particularly encouraging.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Uk is talking about fixing a date after which new EU arrivals cannot have permanent residency rights. This may well be reciprocated for new Uk migrants to the EU. Work visa to stay for a few years, but no permanent residency rights. There are so many brits living happily, permanently in Spain and other EU countries now, I think it would be sad of others in the future were denied that possibility under new Brexit defined agreements.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
Uk is talking about fixing a date after which new EU arrivals cannot have permanent residency rights. This may well be reciprocated for new Uk migrants to the EU. Work visa to stay for a few years, but no permanent residency rights. There are so many brits living happily, permanently in Spain and other EU countries now, I think it would be sad of others in the future were denied that possibility under new Brexit defined agreements.
I believe there are many possibilities being speculated but at the moment no one knows what changes may be agreed. At the moment we are still members of the EU with no changes whatsoever. I will just wait until the notice to leave the EU has been submitted and see what the follow on negotiations bring on conclusion. We can only work on what is finally agreed good bad or indifferent , everything before that is speculation.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

retireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud of

I assume you're a Trump supporter and dismiss Climate Change as nonsense, as the ostrich from beneath the sand sees no credible evidence either.
Perhaps you still believe Iraq had weapons of mass detruction?

Old Jul 31st 2016, 1:09 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by retireteed
I assume you're a Trump supporter and dismiss Climate Change as nonsense, as the ostrich from beneath the sand sees no credible evidence either.
Perhaps you still believe Iraq had weapons of mass detruction?
Sorry to disappoint you, but Non of the above applies.

However please feel free to continue, I'm sure your vivid imagination can cook up a few more.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

retireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud of

Thanks for the compliment.

But you're still an ostrich with your head in the sand and your ass sticking way up in the air. The fact that you can't see your ass up in the air does not mean that it's not there.

Show me some credible evidence that the Leave campaign was not based on fear, immigration and hate. I bet you can't, ostrich.

However please feel free to continue, I'm sure your vivid imagination can cook up a few more.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 1:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retireteed
Thanks for the compliment.

But you're still an ostrich with your head in the sand and your ass sticking way up in the air. The fact that you can't see your ass up in the air does not mean that it's not there.

Show me some credible evidence that the Leave campaign was not based on fear, immigration and hate. I bet you can't, ostrich.
Wind your necks back in please and stop with the personality analogies.

Rosemary
Old Jul 31st 2016, 1:21 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by bobd22
Dick whilst yes the actual out campaign re imigration was pretty much as you say based upon the fact that freedom of movement in the EU allowed basically any EU passport holder into the uk it discriminated against those from outside the EU and they allegedly wanted a simple points based system for all. But what about the extreme morons from the out side who after the result used that to tell imigrants they were no longer welcome and should leave the country? My guess is these same people would have voted out wanting all imigrants out. Let's be honest unfortunately there were some right wing factions within the UK, likes of BNP, English Defence League types that attached their vote and views to the out campaign. I am not saying all out voters or campaigners Fall into this category by any means but certainly some do.The problem now is to carry out the wishes of the voting majority but in a fair civilised manner hopefully to the benefit of all in the country and taking into account that there were 48% wishing to stay with the EU. No easy task for any government.
I take your point Dave, though whether there would have been enough to affect the result is extremely doubtful.
There are no accurate figures available, but most estimates only number them in the thousands and as you can see when they arrange a demo their active numbers are miniscule.

However with regard to the referendum result, counter these numbers with those who actually fell for all the lies, threats and deceit of the fear campaign, especially the vulnerable old folk who were deliberately targeted late on in the campaign and add to that the effect of direct threats and consequences eminating from Brussels and Germany and quite possibly the winning Leave margin could have been much greater.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.